practice makes perfect... maybe

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edfrombama

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Good evening to all-
Just got back from a quick little trip to the flying field with the Spitfire microwarbird. Took off, flew well, and then made a perfect landing. A very nice way to wind up the day.

And even more pleasing because yesterday i spent the whole flying day doing touch and goes with all of my little planes. I learned a lot from concentrating on the proper way to bring little rc planes in. First, i learned that some microwarbirds- the FW-190 to be accurate- just are very hard to land- in any conditions. There are other little warbirds- the T-28, the Japanese Zeros and the Spitfire, that are great little planes to land.

I feel that my time spent working on the basic set up for landing on the pavement was time well spent- at least, judging from my flight and landing this evening.

But I don't think any amount of practice is going to make that FW-190 a good lander, just ain't in it, I'd say.

you all be safe and keep well- Ed

a micro slight increase in airspeed ed. and practice gets us better.

When I get a new plane, after the maiden and fine tuning all my flight surfaces, I will just do take off and landings until I dial them in. I love a good touch and go's, when you just touch the mains and roll down the runway and gently lift off again. 😍

Good morning to all-
Well, i have made a simple adjustment, and my microwarbird landings have improved about 90 %.

the change? I took my little planes to the local elementary school parking lot- empty now in summer- and I can take off and land into the wind regardless of wind direction. At my usual flying area, the pavement runs two-lane north and south, and this means I often have a cross-wind to deal with. And I don't deal worth a spit with crosswinds, I'll tell you.

At the elementary parking lot, I have acres of open space and no matter the wind direction, i can land into the wind. Even my hard- to land little planes do much better.

So sometimes simple changes make all the difference.

you all be safe and keep well- Ed