possible engine or tranny problems.....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blue_pit

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
ok so I've literally only driven my t-maxx 3.3 ( model 4908) like 5 time and i took it out today and noticed that when i would give it gas after it was warmed up the engine when wind up but it would take a long time for it to get up to speed. it got progressivly worse the more i drove it. i drove it like that for maybe ten minutes and now it wont even drive on grass. the engine winds up and the gears are spinning and arent missing any teeth. and help would be awesome as to what it might be and what parts i might need

sounds like your slipper clutch is loose tighten it all the way up and back off a 8th of a turn

Damn, have to agree with qaart on this one (never saw that coming), but I would back it off a 1/4 turn. If it acts like it is too tight back it off another 1/4 turn. 1/8th is just too tight IMO and can cause gear damage in the tranny.

The 4908 t-maxx has a revo type slipper. You don't want to tighten it all the way down then back it off! It's designed differently than the old spur/slipper setup that you used to start off that way with.

Just tighten it 1/4 turn and give it at try. If it improves, but still seems to slip, tighten another 1/4 turn.

If you tighten it all the way down, then back it off, you run the risk of damaging the pressure washers/plate and then it won't work well at all.

In red circles are the pressure washers you want to avoid crushing:
2009-0524-TMaxx4908Slipper.jpg

If you tighten the nut all the way down, it will flatten them and they will no longer act as a compression spring. They are two concave washers that will flatten and stay flattened when squeezed too much.

Last edited:
Back