Pondering these trucks for indoor racing in my area.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srusinek

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Sorry I've been away and honestly I mostly run nitro and 5th scale but the possibility of racing indoors has bitten me. We have a local indoor dirt track(R and L Speedway) that races short course, stadium and buggy in 2wd and 4wd. Last night I went and we had 61 entries for racing. I ending up running novice stadium truck with my Duratrax Evader rtr and I placed second. So I'm looking at short course 2wd trucks and these are the trucks I'm looking at that really got my eye:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXBHBU&P=0

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXBJMZLN&P=0

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXDBUCLR&P=0

I'm Leaning toward the Associated for the money and also it's brushless and Lipo ready. Also I'll be running NIMH 8.4v to start off with until I go Lipo. So Which one would you choose and why? Would you consider any other truck as long as it's 2wd? I would be buying local becuase both major hobby shops in the area stock all the major brands and this shop told me he would match towers prices. As always thank you in advance, Steve.

Out of those, I'd pick the Associated because I've read good things about them. The Slash would be dead last, I've read and seen that they're great bashers but not at home on the track. What's your budget? Team Durango has a kit that looks pretty good, maybe @tmaxxfreek can give some info about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking at around 500 or so with batteries. That's why I was looking at rtr's. When and if I'm ready I would purchase a kit and build something nice. With myself involved in golf for about 8 month's, working 2 jobs and having a family, I want something on the cheap but something I can grow into as well. Thanks for the advice, Steve

RC10RS would definitely be my choice for a 2WD SCT.

I would also go with the Associate. It's probably the best of the three.

durango would be my choice hands down, i have raced all of them, if you dont wanna build a kit, you can pick up a roller fairly cheap on rctech with some upgrades, My truck was built to the box directions and it was great on the track, and got even better with some tuning and adjustments, If you buy a durango,make sure you get a gear diff and trash the ball diff, had great luck with mine.

I pulled the trigger....

Today I pulled the trigger on the Team Associated SC10RS. I also purchased 3 battery packs along with other items I needed for other rc projects. Thank you everyone for the advice. The next choice would've been the Blitz Flux but I've seen the Associated in person and it's a great truck. Any tips for setting it up for indoor dirt track racing that's kinda slick?

I just saw this thread and I have a SC-10rs and love it! So a good choice. Plus you were saying you wanted to buy a nice kit. You could just put a few hundred (including a nicer controller) and have it race ready. I am in the stage of getting money to get better parts, though I have not had anything break on it except for the chassis when I ran it under a car tire at top speed completely my fault though. If I was you would throw some RPM parts on it, I have a new chassis now with a RPM from bumper chassis brace, my next step is some of there A-arms and stuff along those lines, then finally some good shocks.

This is going to be strictly raced at my local track and this is also my first regular scale short course truck. I'm going to see how it performs on the track stock out of the box and go from there. I would like to add rpm arms because I have them installed already on 2 other rcs, maybe better tires for better grip and then I might do a better radio but all in time. I could also give this one to my daughter and then purchase a kit for myself. All in time I guess.

Back