PLZ Help Truck starts but will not move

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

solidpain

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
OK heres the deal today i toke my T-Maxx 3.3 for a spin and just tapped a tree and broke the front arm and snapped the gear of the servo and just now went and bought all broken parts got everything installed reunning great so i go outside for 10 mins and now i get it running on 1st or 2nd pull of the pull start and now the car will not move i dont know everything looks fine tell me what to look for so i can give me info:bow:

Well the obvious things like spur gear mesh and check all your axals... I am still a noob so sorry I can't be more help lol.

Well the obvious things like spur gear mesh and check all your axals... I am still a noob so sorry I can't be more help lol.
Yea i toke a guick look everything looks ok i am gonna need more detales SORRY

Is the engine revving up? Could be the slipper. Make sure its tightened up enough.

Is the engine revving up? Could be the slipper. Make sure its tightened up enough.
Truck revving up great everything is turning when i reve but the black disc in the middle its a disc with hole all around has a ball bearing and s shaft running thou. looks to me the teeth are worn down alot only thing is I'm not sure what it looked like before and can't look it up as i dont know the name for the black wheel.:bow:

spur gear

thought so just i went to traxxas and looked i have a 72 pin in now its a high Torque spur gear should i keep its the same or change for more or less pins and can i get a metal spur gear

If you want more bottom end power you can go up 2 teeth on the spur gear and if you want more top end you can go down 2 teeth on the spur gear but the 72 tooth spur gives you good all around power, also make sure when you rplace the spur gear that you get the mesh between the clutch bell and the spur gear right or you will be buying another new spur gear really soon, there should be only just a slight bit of play between the two gears, if it is to tight or to loose it will eat up the spur gear again....