please read my new car wont run

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newrcer

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
my rustler xl5 is not running i turn it on put a full battery in it programed the esc hit the gas and nothing happens except for the normal sound when it runs it wont move I've tried 2 different batteries it jolts forward a little bit sumtimes but idk

it was running goood last night i broke it in tried to keep the esc about 100 degrees
HELP!!!!!!!

Did you check the gear mesh and slipper clutch? Pull the side cover over the motor and see if it chewed the teeth off the spur gear.

make sure the grub screw on the pinion gear didnt work itself loose and fall out. this happened to me the other day. i forgot to thread lock it in after changing the pinion.

maby you should trie reprograming it

Do you hear the weez of the motor as if it is running but the truck doesn't move? If so, like the others said above, your pinion mesh maybe screwed up, loose, chewed away or no pinion.
If the motor just makes some kind of gurgling noise and it sits and shutters, then it's possible you have a problem between the transmitter and receiver. Check your batteries and connections. Do the wheels turn still when you have this problem?

it sounds like it is set for a lipo and you are using a nicad battery. reprogram the esc as stated in the manual.

So is this the VXL rusty?

Yeah.... there was a reply about lipos and temps so I guess dumby me I thought I missed some thing based on the model. I was assuming that it may have been the VXL Velenion version which if that were the case, that could explain some of the issues. That was the reason for my question. ;)

Back