please help I'm new to this side airplane

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spyke_696

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Ok so heres my deal I'm looking to to get into the air rcs i want a nitro or gas powered plane and i want it made of fiberglass kit would be ust fine i also am looking for it to be like a jet if now a jet an old war hog can anyone give me sites to look at and good models

Find a local hobby shop so you can see for yourself what's available locally.
You'll need parts support.
You can look on Tower Hobbies, HobbyTown USA and others to get an idea of prices.

I would recommend a smaller electric "foamie" like the eFlite T-28D or the P-51D to start with. They have a scale look and are relatively easy to fly and get used to flying. Once you have that where you can fly it comfortably, then look at the gas or nitro warbirds. Another thing is to find a local flying club. They can help you learn to fly and be there to help you over the rough spots you might be having.

Horizon Hobbies is another site to look at.
Sure the jets and war birds are cool, but even the real pilots in those real planes started out with trainers.
If you want to start with a nitro trainer look into the Avastar .40.

II got a airbus off ebay 63$ and will learn with it however id like to build one wile i train

Hey a few more questions as well if crashed both foam one and fiberglass one are they fixable or junk and also whats the size difference gunna do anything major like wind resist ect.

Foam is far more forgiving if you are just learning.
If you start big you wreck big and pay big. That's the reason you should go to a hobby shop to see them first hand and understand what you'll be dealing with.

Hamz & Rolex are dead on IMO. A good electric foamie can be had RTF for under $200. If you've never flown at all, I highly recommend the parkzone super cub, as well as finding a club, and joining the AMA. Some packing tape will fix most crashes on a foamie, whereas with balsa or fiberglass, you now have a very expensive pile of toothpicks.

Thank you as said i got a foam trainer and ill look into my hobbie shot and the local flyers thank you guys i think i got the info i need

Back