Platform Crossover for Front A-arms / Wheel Hubs

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Register Log in

dreiver

RC Newbie
I have a version of the HSP 1/10 monster truck with upgraded aluminium wheel hubs and a-arms. These work ok, but the internet if filled with poor quality aluminium and can be hit an miss. Even the better ones, don't take much of a bashing before the pins develop slop and the steering is unreliable. Sure the don't break, but its still not ideal. Plastic is definitely the way to go for a-arms, just wrap some tie-wire around hinge points and they are great.

I was thinking that the similarities in all the brands of car out there might make it possible for me to go to a different brand of a-arm or hub that could last longer.

Option 1:
The A arm links into a 3mm pin with a 26mm inner clearance for the body mount. I could possible replace the whole A-arm and wheel assembly if the connection points are compatible.

Option 2:
The Wheel Hubs attach to a 13mm wide hub with a 3mm pin. I could swap out this hub design with something stronger from some other brand.

I know there are other considerations ( dogbone length, link points, shock positions, etc). But if anyone else has done something like this it would be interesting to know your directions.

Sure i could buy whole other cars, but wheres the fun in that!