Plasti dip

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

t-alec

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Where can i find plasti dip. I need somewhere where i can go pick it up cause its snowing and i want to run my truck.

home depot or lowes, most big hardware stores will have it, usually in the paint and coatings isle. its a yellow can with blue lettering iirc. get the dip, the spray stuff is a differant formula and it sucks.

okay how much should i get a small container

Do you have Menards up there? They have it for about 5.99 a can, it only comes in one size but is available in several colors. If you can't find it look in the tool section at the autoparts store, they may have it there. Menards actually puts it in the tool section as well. I couldn't find it at my local Lowe's and Home Depot is a bit out of the way from me.

ACE hardware also carries a rustolium version of it

OK,if this is for the servos,I have read this is bad for them b/c of keeping way too much heat in. But this is 2nd hand,I have never done this.

i dont and never have dipped or balloned my servos and i run/race in rain in the race season and in the winter i break out my MT's and use them in the snow and I've never had a problem

Domination said:
i dont and never have dipped or balloned my servos and i run/race in rain in the race season and in the winter i break out my MT's and use them in the snow and I've never had a problem

Consider yourself lucky.

i guess so I've been doing it for years

LUCK is on your site.... :) I've fried a servo in the snow befor.

I plastic diped my servos and my RX box. Never had any problems with anything dipped.

I've never fried one, just got them wet and had nothing until I let them dry out for a day. It's happened more than once to me in my Revo and my NTC3. Revo is dipped and ballooned now.

i have a revo... just put dielectric grease in all my servos... and then plastidipped them. i dipped my antenna too... no more cap flying off. can't drive it since i waterproofed it though. i bent a rocker post and am waiting on their titanium replacements. ill be taking it out in the melting snow here in a few days though. i am more than certain that i wont be having any problems with moisture... good stuff

Waterproof Failsafe

FSTFBDY said:
LUCK is on your site.... :) I've fried a servo in the snow befor.

I plastic diped my servos and my RX box. Never had any problems with anything dipped.

I have a Failsafe that I just recently installed. I would like to keep my reciever fairly waterproof, but had to get one of the failsafe wires to come out the side of a small hole in the top of the receiver, which still has a small plug in it. I've noticed snow and water gets built up around the failsafe, and I wish to waterproof both the failsafe and the receiver. Anyone done this, or have any suggestions? I'd like to use plastidip or something, but still have access to the controls on the failsafe. Thanks.

Put both in a party balloon and tywrap the end. You could open up the rx and epoxy the board, but that's a little extreme. The balloon should work just fine.

jetmechG550 said:
Put both in a party balloon and tywrap the end. You could open up the rx and epoxy the board, but that's a little extreme. The balloon should work just fine.

Yeah, I was thinking about that. Plasti-dip would look cooler, but I don't really care about looks under the hood as long as it functions in the snow. :hammer: Do you cut a hole for the antenna, or just run the wires and the antenna out the opening of the baloon? Also, do I just put screws right through the baloon then? Thanks!

My antenna wire runs through the balloon end, there's usually so enough length to kinda route it how you need to. Not sure how you rx mounts, I don't have a T-maxx, so I can't answer the screw ? but I'm sure someone here will be able to.

Back