pitbulls

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reighard53

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
so a guy down here shot and killed two pit bulls because he felt threatened.

he said that they were running towards another family and so he lured them away and towards him and he shot one right in between the eyes and the other twice on its side. they both died. he said he followed them for about 30 mins in his truck until they started running towards another family wich he then shot them.

now the police did not charge him with anything cuz he was protecting himself.

my question to you is do you think he would have had to protect himself if he had not fallowed them for 30 mins? the other family said they did not feel threatened
i dont see why he wasn't charged for anything when he put himself in that predicament. and he could have just shot them in the leg or something he didnt have to blow there brains out. if i was the owner of these dogs i would be in serious trouble for what i would do to that guy for killing my dogs. i have an english mastiff and a yellow lab. my mastiff is a year old and weighs 225 pounds so hes kinda scary. but if hes running towards you its cuz he wants to see you or wants you to give him attentoin. i think this guy only shot them cuz they were pit bulls. if it were a lab he would not have done the same thing.

tell me wat you guys think about this. i think its very sad that he could do that and feel nothing.

well him following them for 30 minutes is stupid ass hell for one, and the family not feeling threatened just makes him sound like a complet A hole....BUT lol, if i had two pitbulls run towards me i would unload so many bullits into them until they didnt have a drop of life in them lol...those things scare me!!!!

If I was in the same situation and thought a family was threatened by a couple pit bulls I'd be pulling the trigger. If the family got mauled and I could have stopped it, it would be harder to live with that situation than having two dead dogs.

I own a dog and it's a pet, not a person.

well if i shot them then found out they were friendly dogs who were once some ones best friend..i would be devistated

That is the problem with dogs, you don't know their demeanor unless their owner (who should have been with them in this situation") tells you. Even then, I've had friends that were bit by dogs that were "friendly".

If a dog is your best friend don't let it run loose where it can put itself in harms way.

I'm gonna have to side with diesel on this one, you never no with a dog, especially a notoriously mean dog bread like a pitbull....

2 Pitbulls on the loose. No leashes. No supervision. Considering the reputation of the dogs....and the reputation of some of their owners, I'd say this guy had a reason to be suspicious. Is it possible that he jumped the gun? Possibly. But like SD said, what if he had done nothing and they mauled some kids?

If there's one things that pisses me off more than anything, it's irresponsible dog owners. I own a big dog. I would NEVER let her run on her own. Yes, she's gentle. And very friendly. But she's very big. And looks very threatening. And I would never expect other people to have to try to figure out what her intent is if she's walking towards them.

well it was on new years eve. the owners said that it must have been teenage new years partiers that kicked in thier fence. but idk exactly what went on so I'm kinda nuetral..I'm for the guy for trying to help.. but not for him cuz he was the dumbass who followed them. and the owners should keep an eye on their dogs. my dogs are inside dogs so i dont have to worry about them getting out luckily

I own a big dog. I would NEVER let her run on her own. Yes, she's gentle. And very friendly. But she's very big. And looks very threatening. And I would never expect other people to have to try to figure out what her intent is if she's walking towards them.

what kind of dog is it?

That is the problem with dogs, you don't know their demeanor unless their owner (who should have been with them in this situation") tells you. Even then, I've had friends that were bit by dogs that were "friendly".

If a dog is your best friend don't let it run loose where it can put itself in harms way.

My thought exactly... I would have done the same..

In my area a pitbull must be in a fenced in yard. The fence has to be buried into the ground so they can't dig under it and high enough that they can't jump over it (I forget the min requirement) With these ordnances in place the owner is responsible for the dogs actions and if they are roaming free they are considered a threat....I have no problem with this.

Too many people get confused about this. It aggravates the hell out of me when a parent that also owns a pet says....."I love then the same" Are you fing kidding me?

She's a 5 year old Akita and she tipped the scales at near 105 lbs on her last vet visit.

Thats a big mofo!

lol the infamous pitbull dispute....so many laws now the guy could of probly shot them for no reason just because they were pits......pitbulls are labeled dangerous and nothing will change that.

I'm not trying to start any trouble, but I love my dog as I would a person. Not saying if it was pick your dog or your mom to kill I would kill my mom I wouldn't. But I do love my dog as a person.

If I was in the same situation and thought a family was threatened by a couple pit bulls I'd be pulling the trigger. If the family got mauled and I could have stopped it, it would be harder to live with that situation than having two dead dogs.

Nuff said on this topic, couldn't agree more.

I'm not trying to start any trouble, but I love my dog as I would a person. Not saying if it was pick your dog or your mom to kill I would kill my mom I wouldn't. But I do love my dog as a person.

What if it were between your dog and another person that you don't know and have never met?

Don't get me wrong, I have had pets that meant a lot to me, I cried for a couple of them when they died but I was over them fairly easy...Nothing like loosing a person that you love.

I hate to say it, but I kinda side with the guy who shot the dogs. The whole 30 minutes part is a bit fishy, and sounds more like he was the one doing the stalking. Other than that, if he was watching them and felt they were about to attack someone, he did the right thing.

I know that if I had pitbulls (and I don't; I have a queensland heeler/corgi mix that thinks she's a cat) and someone shot them to protect someone... Yeah, I'd be mad, but I'd get over it.

Easier to bury a dog than it is to bury a child.

Now, if someone shot the dog I have now, I'd be more than mad, since she never leaves the yard. Granted, she barks, but only if someone comes into the yard. Other than that, she's a very kind hearted dog.

What if it were between your dog and another person that you don't know and have never met?

I'm just saying I love my dog as I do a human. I would let the person live because that's more important.

here is my pooch. would you shoot him? just look at how cute he is:)

0104092005.jpg