pipes

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Elam

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I am wondering how a few of these pipes compare.
1st I know how the 086 and 053 nova pipes are and I know that the jammin jp-1 is a bottom pipe and the jp-2 is more of a high pipe. but how close is the jp-1 to the 053? and same with the jp-2 how does it relate to the 086?
And last but not least exactly what is the mugen 1005? is it a bottom or top pipe?

Thanks for the help
Mike Elam

I'm pretty sure the mugen 1005 is a top pipe.

you can't really compare just a pipe to another pipe....you really need to compare pipe / mill combinations.....just because a pipe is rated for where a power band kicks in (low/mid/high) does not mean that is the best range for the engine it's mated to....

here is the reason i am asking i currently have a os vspec with a jp-1 and have had good luck with it and like the powerband. although this week I will have my novarossi plus 21-5 and i have seen that alot of guys think the best pipe combo is the mugen 1005 pipe with the werks medium conicle header. well i got to pricing that combo and wow that is alot of cash. I am going to try my jp-1 on it to see how i like it. Our tracks here in Kansas are pretty technical with jumps out of turns triples, doubles, and such. so bottom is a must. on the novarossi thread they say the best all around pipe is the 086 with it but you can get more bottom with other pipes such as the 053. I guess my next question would be is there anyone out there that is hardcoating these pipes? I have heard that if you take a good hit you can dent or actually smash these pipes. anyways thanks for the info guys

Mike Elam

Back