Pics of my TRX4, as requested

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Furitek Cayman, as far as I know just uses FMS FCX24 axles. You should be able to source parts here
https://www.fmshobby.com/search?type=product&options[prefix]=last&options[unavailable_products]=last&q=Fcx24&page=1

Or simply buy the appropriate aftermarket parts. Nexx Racing, Meus Racing, Treal, Hot Racing, and a number of other companies make upgrade parts for the FCX24, which is what the Cayman is bssed on.

But as Tunedfrog said, the Deadbolt is a great 24th scaler. Everybody should own at least one 😉
Ok, strange as this may be, a few months back I left a review of my experience with the Cayman Pro RTR, on Furitek's website, outlining my issues with the truck (for 5 months I had a literal $600 very cool looking paperweight), but my biggest issue was with the way their "Customer Service" treated me during that process. It was what caused me to stop RC for almost a year.

After I left that review, the very next day, I was contacted by Furitek direct, and the person who contacted me explained that they were trying to fix all of these issues. At that time, he stated they were going to send me a replacement axle. I never heard back from him, until suddenly today, BOOM, there is an email. They are shipping me a brand new axle, only this one has a fully aluminum body on it, and the cost of this axle is $89, but they are not charging me for it. I am still in shock. If/when this new axle arrives, I will update everyone, and I will take back every bad thing I have ever said about Furitek. That will absolutely show me that they are indeed trying to fix things.

With this new axle being silver aluminum, and the originals, along with the replacement I purchased, are all black plastic, this also means I am going to have to buy a brand new $89 axle, as well. "Just when you think you're out, they pull you back in!" - Al. 😁

Yeah when products are new and they don't expect a huge surge in popularity it's hard to meet demand. I understand not wanting to have to much inventory in case it doesn't sell well. It's always a risk when you but something when it's first released. I hope they make good on their offer. Most of these asian companies do try hard to follow through.

As Doom mentioned, that Cayman came about after Furitek released nearly every replacement part for the FCX24. So Furitek decided to just sell their own truck with all their hopups. But they were still using the FMS axles I believe. Then, the axles for the FCX24 went out of stock.

FMS also had a 6x6, and Furitek had their version. FMS no longer sells the 6x6 from what I can tell, and you can't buy the middle axle for it. I wanted the Furitek 6x6, and when it went out of stock I contacted them asking if they discontinued them. They told me it will be back in stock. That was quite a few months ago though.

It's been a weird bit of development for the Cayman, and hopefully they get it sorted out. I really want that 6x6.

Yeah when products are new and they don't expect a huge surge in popularity it's hard to meet demand. I understand not wanting to have to much inventory in case it doesn't sell well. It's always a risk when you but something when it's first released. I hope they make good on their offer. Most of these asian companies do try hard to follow through.
Haha, I literally told the guy that emailed me at first, that this is RC, we break stuff, we expect that, we get it, we just want to be able to fix it when we do. For almost 6 months I had a truck that I had nearly $600 invested in (truck, new tires and rims, batteries, etc..., could have bought an LMT for what I had in it), that I had never driven an inch, and couldn't drive due to broken pieces. It was, for sure frustrating. But, the real kick in the teeth is the way they spoke to me when I called. But, they seem to be making an effort, and that is all we can ask for.

I told that guy, that if it weren't for these issues, this truck might be my absolute favorite rig (this was pre-Capra of course), it is incredibly capable, and very powerful, yet super slow and controllable when you need it to be, and it will crawl over anything, it is a beast in every regard. I see that they released a V2.0, but it seems to suffer the same fragility issues, from reading the reviews on Furitek's own site, which may be the reasons behind making a lot more aluminum parts. I really do hope that Furitek gets their issues fixed, because if they do they could be a real powerhouse in the industry, with their ingenuity and engineering skills. Their focus, at this point needs to be on strengthening their platforms, and if they do that watch out.

The SCX24, UTB18, TRX4M, all of these trucks come from established players, with long pedigrees in this industry, they know the pitfalls of doing things a certain way. Furitek is a brand new player, who has started shooting for the moon right out of the gate. I hope they are going to get there, and our conversations surrounding their product in the future will be much more positive.

I do believe, though, that they might be monitoring this forum. Given I just began discussing this issue again, and boom, my part is on the way. If that part arrives, then by all appearances they will seem to be trying to do a full 180 with their CS, which actually makes me hopeful for what they bring us in the future. Talk about CS, that is about as proactive as it gets.

I am a retired Systems/Network Engineer, and was around when they began doing proactive monitoring on server class systems. I have, literally, had a box arrive, out of the blue, containing new harddrives, to replace drives I didn't even know had an issue. Now, to get RC moving in that direction, they see you post that you are going to do some serious crawling this weekend, and before you even leave for your trip, a box shows up with some new driveshafts, new diff gears, and some new hubs. We'll call that the RC Promised Land. 😁

I wonder if they should have started with bigger scale rigs, due to the durability that is inherent with the larger size. Doing anything on such a small scale, alone, will certainly make things much more fragile. So, the approach would have to consider that as well.

Last edited:
I painted 2 bodies for the Sport. 1 black, the other yellow. I run it a lot in the snow. Love your Capra.

I painted 2 bodies for the Sport. 1 black, the other yellow. I run it a lot in the snow. Love your Capra.
Both original Sport bodies? I really like the grey/green sport body they have out now, it looks really sharp. Not sure how well all of the red links and shocks on mine would go with the green, though, my sport would look like a Christmas ornament driving down the road. 😁

Both original Sport bodies? I really like the grey/green sport body they have out now, it looks really sharp. Not sure how well all of the red links and shocks on mine would go with the green, though, my sport would look like a Christmas ornament driving down the road. 😁

Just sprinkle on some glitter to tie it all together. 🎅

I think our Ultima build actually turned out really good with the red shocks.
20221123_092721.jpg

I think our Ultima build actually turned out really good with the red shocks.
View attachment 188673
That looks great! If it is as fast as it looks, it's a speed demon for sure. Is it controllable? It definitely looks different than I had envisioned it in my head. The thing about that Traxxas Sport grey and green body, the green is only on the accessories, and it is actually a lime/neon green color, which really pops on that grey background as well. They could be removed easily enough, if they didn't look good. But, I really do like the shade of light grey on that truck, and that would definitely work with the red suspension, for sure.

That looks great! If it is as fast as it looks, it's a speed demon for sure. Is it controllable? It definitely looks different than I had envisioned it in my head. The thing about that Traxxas Sport grey and green body, the green is only on the accessories, and it is actually a lime/neon green color, which really pops on that grey background as well. They could be removed easily enough, if they didn't look good. But, I really do like the shade of light grey on that truck, and that would definitely work with the red suspension, for sure.
It's very fast. But it has only been driven once through my front room. It is a shelf queen. Part of my unfinished Kyosho Legendary collection.
20230305_103855.jpg

It's very fast. But it has only been driven once through my front room. It is a shelf queen. Part of my unfinished Kyosho Legendary collection.
View attachment 188686
Wow, that is a very impressive collection, I'd be exactly like you, they'd never see the ground again. Thank you for showing these, that is a collection to be proud of!

Wow, that is a very impressive collection, I'd be exactly like you, they'd never see the ground again. Thank you for showing these, that is a collection to be proud of!
I still have a Turbo Scorpion waiting in line at the paint booth.

Yeah always make sure parts are available for your rig.

Back