Picked this up on clearance at local hardware store.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Outcaster

RC Newbie
Reaction score
It's toy grade but a pretty cool machine and solidly built, 1/8 scale, 2.4 gHz, rubber track, working suspension with coil over shocks, headlights and taillight, two sets of skis (one set with rubber wheels for dry land running and one set for snow). Going to pull it apart and see if I can upgrade with brushless for next winter.

P1020600.JPG P1020601.JPG P1020602.JPG

IMG_20170423_182743.jpg
Very nice, I like projects RC every once in a while.

I picked up this weekend bunch of stuff for $30...

Got two roller Rustlers/Bandit, one RC10 T3 and a Losi Graphite XX2 roller, and bunch of tools, fly by wire airplane, Estes rockets, toy grade rc Tyco.

This lady was cleaning her attic, they were from her son who left more than 15 years ago.
IMG_20170422_174824.jpg

IMG_20170422_174835.jpg

Just completed one of them.

1/10th 2wd is so plush, dont know how to explain than when driving it.

Its a Rustler w a Redcat Pro electronics.

received_1911402122440258.jpeg
received_1911402309106906.jpeg

Last edited:
On the Bandit, I already had the BL setup. It came with the resistor type speed controller, and in between the rubble a new Novak Explorer II ESC, with instruction manual, two brushed motors, one Traxxas and a Trinity D4. I would like to have one RC setup old school, with the Novak, brushed, the Traxxas Freq band Tx. For the XX4 it needs new belts; front, middle, and rear of the car. Its extremely super light, and the attention to detail its unique, makes me buy the newer version Losi kit. I like how nimble brushless 1/10th rc cars are, easy to toss around, power on tap, etc. I'll look to see if ARRMA has a 1/10th BL platform.

So far managed to save this TYCO 4WD (shaft driven w plastic pinion gears).
Changed to tx60 connectors and slappes a flat type 2s 1800mah lipo, which is about tbe same as the recommended 9.6v ni-cad. The drivetrain has L and H gearing.
Needed some tlc as the steering servo mounts were broken, basically is held in placed pressed in w hard compound foam.
Fixed the alignment spring which was bent and floating all over the chassis. Greased up the front diff and on the meantime shimmed them to .30mm (lol, jk on the shimmjng part), talking beating on a dead horse... oh man (insert facepalm gif here)

Nice little toy grade rc, am impressed for a 15 to almost 20 yr old rc. Its meant for off-road smooth packed surface.

IMG_20170429_105648.jpg

IMG_20170429_105635.jpg

Back