Picco Front bearing leak

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revo_rob_1984

OverMedicated
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
i just recently discovered that my front bearing (flywheel side) is leaking and i was wondering what is it going to take to get it to stop leaking or is my engine shot because of this????. . .any information would be helpful and even if it is just a "rig up" to get it to work is fine with me, for the simple fact that this engine is going to be sent out for a stage 2 tune but i stil lwanna run it till i get the money together to do so, so any help would be great
Thanx in advance
Rob

I would think you could just replace the front bearing.. Traxxas sells bearing for their engines, so I'm sure you could get an Ofna bearing... Maybe other brnads would work if you knew the exact size.

The leak is from around the edge of the rubber/plastic sheid you see between the inner and outer race of the bearing... Because the inner race of the bearing spins and the outer stays still, I don't think there is any way to seal it.

yeah thats exaclty where its leaking, how hard is it to replace the bearing??????

You have to totally disassemble the engine and stick the engine block in the oven at 250 - 300 degrees for 15 mins and then remove the engine block with an oven mit;-give a tap and the bearings fall out....to re-install...reheat the engine block and press in the new bearings and let cool....Always replace both bearings...If you want better quality get ceramic upgrades...your mill will spool-up so much smoother and quicker but theyre not cheap either...Good Luck..

Last edited:
awesome thanx a ton

Back