picco .26 max

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
STARTING NEEDLE SETTINGS
Master Needle Valve - main control for fuel mixture. Set at 3 to 3 1/2 turns from closed or flush with collar. Adjust this
needle for maximum RPM and power without being too lean or too hot. Make sure you start at bottom of needle seat!!
Barrel Needle (Low Speed) - 7mm Carburetor, factory setting is " Turn needle in until is stops, do not over tighten. Now,
turn out counter clockwise 10.5 to 11.5 turns. This needle is in the center of the carburetor barrel and provides throttle
response. It is not the idle adjustment. Turning screw "IN" is Lean and "Out" is Rich. Do not adjust this needle until the
Master Needle is set for power and best performance. This needle will only effect throttle response, so adjust needle until
throttle response is clean with little or no delay. Once set, do not continue to turn (lean) needle further. This is important
since continuing to turn needle will only increase engine temp, at lower RPM, which will throw off engine overall tuning.

http://www.ofna.com/pdf/eng-PICCO26.pdf

wow 10.5 to 11.5 seems a long ways out. ill give it a shot though thanks for the info

Heh I thought the same thing - remember, those are "break in" settings, but I thought it might be a good baseline to work from :).

yea thats what I'm getting ready to do is break in i bought the motor new from a friend but didnt have the paper work. it was at 7 when i checked it and when i go to 10 its backed out so far i can see the o-ring out past the barrel not making any contact. dunno its alittle strange.

http://www.ofna.com/pdf/eng-force25-26.pdf

I found that, which says something different, but it's ofna.com, so may be pretty reliable.

NEEDLE SETTINGS
Master Needle Valve - main control for fuel mixture. Set at 3 to 31/2 turns from closed. Adjust this needle for
maximum RPM and power without being too lean or too hot. Make sure you start at bottom of needle seat!!
Side Carburetor Needle (Low Speed) - This needle is in the center side of the carburetor and provide throttle
response. It is not the idle adjustment. Set FLUSH with the brass sleeve. Turning in is Lean and Out is Rich. Do
not adjust this needle until the Master Needle is set for power and top speed. This will only effect throttle response.

EDIT: NVM, that's a whole different engine LOL! Been a long day... :)

well i called ofna and its hsn-7 out and lsn-6 out now that makes alittle more since