Picco .26 and Traxxas Big Block Pipe adapter

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frickenjoey

Official RCNT Cyber-Bully
Supporter
Active Military
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
So for years we have known the best pipe for a Picco was a BB pipe. I have found the Ofna 086 is considered to be the best out there for it. The Traxxas 3.3 also runs really good on a .21 buggy pipe too.

PROBLEM though....the exhaust outlet for the Picco and 3.3 is the size of a small block engine. The only way to adapt it is to use a stack of gaskets and it never really works like I wanted it.....

THIS IS TOO SMALL FOR A BIG BLOCK PIPE!!!

IMG_8535.jpg

Until Now....I was talking to Racer1966 and he milled an adapter out of billet aluminum. Slides right over the exhaust port and pop on a standard big block exhaust gasket and you are in business!!! Thing is PERFECTLY milled ZERO slop what-so-ever!
756B1CEE.jpg

D527C6C9.jpg

Simply put on on a rubber o-ring in the milled pocket and install it on the engine.

IMG_8548.jpg
IMG_8547.jpg

HEY, LOOKS LIKE A BETTER PIPE WILL FIT NOW!!!!

3F5F178E.jpg

PERFECT FIT!!!
IMG_8539.jpg

Now just to fab up a pipe hanger for the front of the pipe!:D

IMG_8542.jpg

If you want one of these contact RACER1966....he can hook you up with one too. You are da man Randy!!

How do you find the new engine??? Is it silly powerful?

The Picco .26? Oh yeah, tons of power and easy to tune. You can keep a wheelie going forever if you work the throttle correctly. The better side pipe gives you even more power too.

were u running the factory revo pipe before hand? how did it run then? and does running the factory revo pipe damage the motor in any way?

and where did you attach the pipe support?

I had not put in the front hanger yet. I will get a picture of it for you. To be honest I hated the engine when I had the stock pipe on it. It ran like crap, hot..bogged a lot, it was slow. I was SOOOO angry about the whole deal. Put on a new pipe and just like a light switch it was a different engine. The stock had too much back-pressure and would not allow the engine to breath and really run.

its been a while since I've posted a pic, Il try.
DCP_2197-2.jpg

---------- Post added at 8:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:34 PM ----------

if you look close to the manifold youll see evidence of a bend I put in it. And notice the scary amount of clearance to the rear shock tower.

---------- Post added at 8:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:36 PM ----------

still waiting for that darned monoblock. should help with clearance.

I will make those header adapters for anyone that needs one,cheap. PM me if interested. Shipping 3 to Guam tomorrow.

Looks good installed Joe!

dub c,what are you using for your header seal?

Last edited:
there must be a glitch in the matrix. I dont remember posting a pic on this thread.......WEIRD.....

So the consensus is to use the 086 with this motor?

I will be installing it in a t-maxx

Racer 1966 - Sent you a Pm on the adapter thanks

I just bought the THS 146B exhaust for my picco...Pm sent to racer1966

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Yes other than the Extreme RC Mods pipe the Ofna 086 is the best performing pipe out there for the Picco .26 engines. So far I have used 5 or 6 different ones and they worked the best with them.

Payment sent! Thanks Randy!!

I will make those header adapters for anyone that needs one,cheap. PM me if interested. Shipping 3 to Guam tomorrow.

Looks good installed Joe!

dub c,what are you using for your header seal?

Racer, sent you a PM, I sure could use one of those. Just ordered a picco .26 for my Maxx.

Thanks

PM sent, I just received my picco .26 the other day can't wait to break it in.

Thanks

Received my adapter yesterday. Thanks Racer!!

Thanks Randy. perfect fit on the picco 26 JL red dot.