picco .21 max

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ksrichard

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
What are factory settings for picco .21max. I dropped one in my tmaxx it runs great. Just wondered about settings. What should i upgrade?

Is it a .21 or the .26max? I'm not familiar with a .21 max

Thanks. It sat for 2-3 years. Gummed up. Soakd it in wd-40. Seems ok. Stil has pull start. Shop said to use it for a tank or two. Fit nice but having probs with the throttle linkage. Carb sticks open. I'm off
At 130. Have all day to play. can't wait. Gonna rebreak it in. Mabye with half tanks. Or should i start
From the

Full tanks. Most tmaxx have a bad mid tank lean issue. So keep her topped off. You may want to take the carb off and remove all needles and flush it out with fresh fuel or wd40 and inspect all seals. Also seal up the backplate as well while your at it. I run the .26 max on my tmaxx and its a beast! Only a tad over a gallon thru engine so far.

Instructions said to keep tank full. Ok. Now i think about it. It does run bad when tank is almost
Empty. Ill talk to shop and see what he did. It was in peices for cleaning. I know he put new orings
In. I bet .26 is a beast. .21 almost seems to backfire when i let off throttle. Is that normal.

Thanks zdragon71. I have that guide. I bought motor used. Previous owner said it didnt run right.
My lhs sent it to ofna racing. Came back with a clean bill of health. Once installed it ran like crap.
Running rich to break it in again. Sat for 2-3 years. Getting bubbles in fuel line. Canged tank and
Lines. Ziptied lines.Orings new. Lhs didnot seal motor. Said not needed. Idles very high with idle adjustment almost shut. When i throttle 1/2 .way for 3-4 sec. It cuts out. Tried to richen hsn.
At 4-1/2 turns out. Temps around 225. I hope i didnt make an expensive mistake. Hope you can help. Any input would be
Appreciated..

The HSN should be a little bit out from flush. If it doesn't run with a .7 to 1mm idle gap and the lsn set to factory then something's wrong. You may have a cracked carb or a leak where the aluminum and composite material join together on the carb.

Ill check for cracks. I should be able to do that by blowing into fuel line and covering intake and exhuast. Right.. Not sure about lsn settings. Where can i find factory settings.

The lsn on that engine calls for it to be set flush with the brass sleeve. As far as checking for leaks remove engine from truck and spray with soapy water and blow into fuel line while covering the carb and exhaust. If any leaks are there you will see bubbles in the soapy water.

Flush with brass not throttle arm.?

Can this be done with engine running in truck?. Or if i do have a leak could the
Soapy water get into engine.

When i took needles out to clean them. Lsn had a oring broken. Probly dry rot from sitting. Is there a rebuild kit or do i have to order all the parts seperatly?

Nitrohouse.com. Be very careful putting them back in they're tight.

Waiting for parts stinks. Had to go to ofna. Parts here i a week.

Ok so i have looked everywhere for orings for my ofna picco .21maxx. Even ofna factory. They can't
even get them. Does anyone know what orings i can substitute with? I need them for hsn, lsn, and
Idle screw. Any help would be awesome. It stinks to have an awesome motor that dont run. My lhs
Said they would credit me towards a new motor. Id like to get this one running...

Great news. Thanks so much... Hopefully i can find parts i need..

I checked nitrohouse the orings i need are back ordered for all matching engines. S#!T.. Ill try
Auto store. The orings are the same part# but carb size is different. Can i use another carb?.
I didnt check but mabye i can buy other needles that use the same orings and use them.