Pede 2wd

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theant

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I just moved to a new province, and finally found the time to make it to the LHS to pick up some RPM shock guards. I must say this was a SCORE...the "new" LHS is at least 3 times the size of the old one, and 3 times more selection!!
Anyways, I have had the pede out for a couple good runs and have noticed that the motor gets pretty darn hot when running around. I am however running it in some fairly thick grass and doing some nice long burnouts and donuts in the gravel. I installed the 16T pinion gear, so I hope that helps. I hear that using the 16T pinion causes excessive wheelies (not that there is anything wrong with that:w00t::D), so I think the next thing on my list of "buy next" will be a good wheelie bar!

Dont ask what my overall point of this post is, I just havn't been posting much lately, and just wanted to BS about my pede seeing as I really havn't done that since getting it!:p:

Last edited:
I would suggest not getting the fancy aluminum wheels for the standard Traxxas wheelie bar if you have or plan on getting it...The aluminum rimmed flashy wheels get torn up pretty easily and if you wreck its very possible you can pop that screw out of there or break it off and then the wheel goes flying off who knows where.

I've got the Titan xl5 brushed pede. I just got in from 25 minutes of pretty much WIDE open throttle after installing the 16t and the motor is warm, but nowhere near where it was with the 19t pinion installed. It wheelies all the time, and the 25 minute run time is longer than what I was getting before...and I went in before the battery was drained due to a massive swarm of mosquitos, so I might have been able to get another 5 minutes out of the battery!

The back of the body is getting ripped up pretty good too, so a wheelie bar is definately on its way (probably the Traxxas one) . It looks to me like installing the RPM mount would be a good upgrade first and then mount the wheelie bar to that?? I'm not quite sure what the best way to go is really.