Pc files access

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowngreen

Robmob is a Californian.
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
Is there a way to access my pc files through my phone? I want to watch some stuff I have downloaded on my pc while I'm away from it.

Plex media server will do that.
I'm not sure the free version will do that though. It might be local network access only after a 30 day period. I use serviio, it has that stipulation. Plex is a lot nicer to use, but I found it after I had already setup serviio and got it working with all my local players, so I just stuck with it.

Plex media server will do that.
Yup plex will do that. It's what I use when we go on vacation as I usually drive and that gives the kids something to do until we get there.

You will need a paid account though.

Another solution might be Emby media server.

If you are already away from your PC and would like to access it then it cannot be done, however if you still have access to it then you could, if you don't want to set up a media server, upload the files to something like google drive or dropbox and then view them from anywhere- whether it be on your phone or what not, however this isn't technically what you're asking for it could be a possible solution :)

Back