PC clocking question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowngreen

Robmob is a Californian.
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
My GPU clock is at 810 and memory at 1800, both are in the middle of what they can go too, should I max them out?

In my experience, which has been way back when, overclocking my GPU and memory to it's max would make my computer unstable. I was able to overclock on the fly with my MSI motherboard and only used it when playing games that demanded more performance. I did have to run extra cooling for the memory and also ran 2 fans blowing in the rear and a large fan sucking in the front along with a Thermaltake heat tube CPU heatsink.

I personally say only go as high as it will run stable :)

Ok thanks, I've not even tried a game yet, just was curious. I have 3 large fans running out one running in as well as one on the motherboard and one on the graphics.

No problem, do you have any way of running the fans evenly? Like 2 in/2 out?

I ran 2 small fans out and 1 large in but the CFM of the two out was just about equal as the one in. Anytime you setup your case for airflow you want to try and be equal or have more exhaust than intake other wise you create a positive flow or dead space in the case.

Some people like positive flow but I was always partial to negative, push more cool air in and pull more hot out. I don't believe the fans on the CPU and GPU affect the flow in the case, they just push the heat away from the heatsink which floats to the top of the case. That can also be another good reason to have intake low and exhaust high, since heat rises.

I ended up leaving the clocking alone. Had to mess with some settings and look at some others who play the same game as I to see their card settings but after some dialing in I got it right where I want it.

MxSimulator. Not demanding I guess in comparison to other games but in high detail settings it really had trouble with my old pc.

Look up the special editions of your card or the ones that have the highest clocks, then go to those clocks.

^^^thanks.

Should I mess with the FPS setting or leave it alone?

If it's running smooth and not stuttering, I'd say to leave it alone.

Mine was over clocked 2 years ago, but I don't know how much. It has been flawless.

Back