Patriotic Colors (Lots of Pics)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NJRC

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I was feeling a bit of some red, white and blue this past week since a friend had got called in for active duty. So I just painted something out today with a "Rattle Can".
Sorry if pics are too large. I am gonna try and getter a brighter shot tomorrow outdoors in the sun.

DSCN0849.gif

DSCN0850.gif

DSCN0851.gif

DSCN0873.gif

DSCN0870.gif

DSCN0879.gif

DSCN0876.gif

DSCN0882.gif

Last edited:
That looks great. I'm due for a new body, and Patriotic sounds good again.

I like what you did there.
Just a tip. Always paint the darker colors first.
Don't take that the wrong way, Just a tip.

Thanks

Yeah Ratzo, I usually do start off with the dark colors first, but I was afraid of bleed marks when using the thin scallop masks.
It's happened before to me so I thought I try and paint around the scallops mask first that way if it does bleed under the scallop masks, it would be easier to fix with the dark colors around it.
Either way, it would be much different if I had an airbrush, then I would be more creative with the scallops and blend of colors.
I started this lid below with the dark color first (black) and it just was bleeding around the mask that I had to touch it up with a fine brush. Rattle cans just spray too much than the amount that can come out of an airbrush.

DSCN0853.gif

Last edited:
That's a nice looking body, I'm sorry to tell that, I know you will hate me for allways but this body looks more french than american.

20a.jpg

What are you talking about,....didn't you see the american flag on the back of the rear wing?
Well I am sorry to say this to you.......I never said I was an american. I just said I was feeling a bit patriotic and thought I paint something red, white and blue.
If I wanted to paint my national colors, then I would have painted the colors of the country I came from which is the Philippines......red, white, blue and yellow.
And besides......that french envelope looks more american than french.

Last edited:
:hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: I was kidding, I knew you whould have a reaction like that, nobody wants to be french. I'm sorry but I couldn't resist to make that :jk:

oh.....my bad :trout:

now you got me all started.....the more I look at the french envelope, the more it looks like my lid. I am gonna have to print me out some white star decals :idea: and I should have did the scallops in red :depress:

Last edited:
The stars whould make it look more american, there is no need to change the scallops, dude I feel very bad for such a cruel joke, the paint and scheme are very nice done. I'm sorry again :stupid: