Paradise Hobbies Comp Pics

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abadk9420

Broke Down Driver
In Memoriam
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Just a few pics from the comp I went to today at Paradise Hobbies where I got my start in crawling, I got first place with my new XR10 finishing with a Neg. 22 for the day.

DSCF1794Small.jpg

DSCF1790Small.jpg

DSCF1778Small.jpg

DSCF1773Small.jpg

DSCF1772Small.jpg

DSCF1763Small.jpg

DSCF1751Small.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats on the win Curtis!

Thanks and I will do my best to explain the scoring, when you start a course which consists of 10 pairs of gate marker placed on the rocks you have 0 points, you have 6 minutes to get through all 10 sets of gates numbered 1-10, each time you get through a set of gate markers you are awarded -2 for progressing through the gate, you can also get + points which you don't want to get, and example of that would be a reverse, if you back up you get +1 points, if you hit a gate ,a boundary , or your self that is +10, if your crawler rolls over and you can not get back on its wheel under its own power and you have to roll it back over with your hands that is + 5 points, so the points can add up fast if you are not careful, you can get a maximum of 40+ points, if you hit 40 points or use all 6 minutes you are done and given a Positive 40 minus your progression points, so if you were you were to make it through say 8 gates that would be neg 16 off your 40 points for a total of a positive 24 for that course, and this is just part of it. Now if you finish a course with lets say it has a bonus section which will consist of extra gates you have to get through and finish the course to get an additional -10 the best score you could have would be a -30, -20 for getting through all 10gates and -10 for the bounus section, from that score you would deduct any penalties such as a reverse, on my last course i had 2 reverses and got the bonus, so I had -30 take away the 2 reverses giving me a -28 for the course.

Last edited:
GREAT job Curtis thats awesome! Those are some badass pictures too, makes me wish I had my XR calibrated so I can piss my friend off with his AX10 who thinks he is a crawling god even though I got him into it....:hehe:

Congrats on taking 1st Curstis, a -22 is great.

Congrats on taking 1st Curstis, a -22 is great.

Thanks, i was really stocked with how well my rig was crawling yesterday, I put some Losi gold springs up front and it made a big difference.:D

Thanks and I will do my best to explain the scoring, when you start a course which consists of 10 pairs of gate marker placed on the rocks you have 0 points, you have 6 minutes to get through all 10 sets of gates numbered 1-10, each time you get through a set of gate markers you are awarded -2 for progressing through the gate, you can also get + points which you don't want to get, and example of that would be a reverse, if you back up you get +1 points, if you hit a gate ,a boundary , or your self that is +10, if your crawler rolls over and you can not get back on its wheel under its own power and you have to roll it back over with your hands that is + 5 points, so the points can add up fast if you are not careful, you can get a maximum of 40+ points, if you hit 40 points or use all 6 minutes you are done and given a Positive 40 minus your progression points, so if you were you were to make it through say 8 gates that would be neg 16 off your 40 points for a total of a positive 24 for that course, and this is just part of it. Now if you finish a course with lets say it has a bonus section which will consist of extra gates you have to get through and finish the course to get an additional -10 the best score you could have would be a -30, -20 for getting through all 10gates and -10 for the bounus section, from that score you would deduct any penalties such as a reverse, on my last course i had 2 reverses and got the bonus, so I had -30 take away the 2 reverses giving me a -28 for the course.

Scores kinda like golf .:p:

Cool pics man I was going to come up but I had a bunch of crap to do. How many showed up?

Cool pics man I was going to come up but I had a bunch of crap to do. How many showed up?

It was just a small turn out of mostly local guys that are getting into crawling like we were a few years ago, LOL!!! along with Andy, Johny and myself, they all found out that it is a lot different when you set up a course with gates VS. playing follow the leader LOL!!!! but we all had a good time.

Sounds like everyone had fun at the comp.

Ya especially with andys courses....

Yep and Johny's, they both set courses and I beat both of them, LOL!!!! felt good to win even if it was a small comp, because they are both really good drivers....and usually do better then me..:D