Panasonic Eneloop 4th Gen Batteries...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
panasonic-eneloop.jpg

I've been a big fan of Eneloop rechargeable batteries for a while now. They not only offer great capacity at 2000mAh, but are capable of holding 70% of their charge over 5 years! To top it off, the latest 4th generation Panasonic Eneloops are able to be recharged 2,100 times!

Click to continue

I've been running Eneloops in most of my stuff that take AA and AAA's and have yet to have one go bad, although before them I went through alot of Energizer and Duracel's.

Love my eneloops here also. The most impressive thing to me is how well they've done in my outside solar walk way lights, even in the single digits the past few days, they still run a long time and have been through almost two winters.

I've never seen them or heard of them before, but I WILL definitely be looking for them now.
A few nights ago when we had the ice storm, I went outside with my big camera. I had to add-on double pack of Canon batteries and they were dead. They hadn't been charged in many months, so I just blamed myself for not checking. Recharged them and they were fine. However, the add on flash had Alkaline batts in it and it was also dead. That's the last time I'll use alkalines in there.

I love eneloops, I've actually bought a half dozen different sets of low self discharge AA's and eventually (one of my 3 million things on my to do list) want to rig up something with my eagle tree where I can test some various aspects of the batteries and then charge then to full and leave them sitting for 1 year and come back and test them again to see how much capacity theyve each lost. My eventual goal is to test a couple budget brands, a know excellent brand like eneloop and a couple in between and see how they all stack up against each other.

Back