Other brand wheels that Traxxas tires fit on

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corneileous

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
I guess I just don’t know enough about wheels and tires to know what brand of tires fits on other brands of wheels.

I’m trying to sell some wheels and tires over on the Traxxas forum but that place seems to be just dead enough that I’m not having much luck selling them so if I can’t get them sold, I’m not really out much because it’s the wheels that I can’t really use anymore since I’ve recently upgraded my Revo 3.3 to 17mm hubs from the original 14mm hubs it came with but even though they’re kinda small, I can keep using the tires which are the 5.75 inch Traxxas Chevron monster truck tires that came on the T-Maxx and the 5.75 inch Traxxas Talon tires but will those tires work on other brands of wheels, or just Traxxas? I know Traxxas likes to make their stuff only fit their stuff so I don’t know if they do the same with their tires. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

As far as I know Pro Line is the only proprietary Wheel and Tire system. Most Pro-Line tires will not fit standard Wheels.

So there’s a lot of wheels Traxxas tires will fit?

It depends the size, look up the size of what you have (2.8, 3.8 etc) and then look for rims the same size. I'd bet there's a lot of rims that will work for the tires as there is tons of different sizes out there.

It depends the size, look up the size of what you have (2.8, 3.8 etc) and then look for rims the same size. I'd bet there's a lot of rims that will work for the tires as there is tons of different sizes out there.
Yes, it is the 3.8 Traxxas wheels I’m curious about.

Ya there is a lot of 3.8's out there so you shouldn't have a problem finding something?
So then am I to assume that pretty much only Proline wheels and maybe Duratrax wheels are only for their prospective tires?

Hmm. Well, does anybody else have any insight to share? So far, I like those Geode wheels but I just recently bought that have the screw on bead locks but I just don’t want to be limited to those, or even the wheels that come on the E Revo that are essentially the same wheel but other colors.

Back