os18 tm HSN

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bashaholic

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'm looking at the manual for my .18tm and can't find the factory setting for the HSN, which they call the needle valve. It shows the settings for the LSN, which they call metering needle and the mixture control valve. Am I missing something? Also, do you ever adjust the mixture control valve? I understand what the HSN and LSN do but I'm not sure on the mixture control valve.

The mixture control valve is also known as the MRN, or mid range needle. DO NOT adjust that. Resetting it can be a major nightmare.
Is the engine new and about to be broken in? Is it not starting, or running correctly? Need more info.

The engine is broken in [just last weekend] and running good most of the time. The only issue I have is that there is fuel leaking out from around the LSN and my temps will occasionally run high ,250-260. I took it back to the lhs and they said it is probably a warranty issue & to bring it back tomorrow when the right person will be there. I've taken out the LSN and checked for debris but found nothing, it just seems way too easy to turn. The HSN needle is just a curiosity thing because the manual only gives LSN & the mid range settings. I'm sure that at some point i'll need to start from scratch to tune it.

Back