os cvrx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phiber

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
when i installed this engine...i had to flip the carb. and i think i overtightened it...what are the signs of overtightening?

One would be a stripped bolt/screw.

would the engine work if you overtightened?

I'm going to chuck this engine out my window right now....it overheats in under 2 mins of running......smoke coming off the head.....it doesn't start....doesn't hold a tune........ugh! and its definately not break in problems....because i broke it in and it gave me the same problems and it still is......I'm sooo pissed....I'm gonna put my TRX back on this poop....i hate this hobby...nothing ever works for me :(

hmm...the only thing I've done to this that might cause those things to happen is flip the carb....could that be it?

I've messed around w/ the idle needle till it idles...I've messed with the HSN soo much its not funny.....the only thing i havent touches is the LSN.....but I'm really frustrated. . . .

Originally posted by El Pirata
Always remember when tightening things, tighten them 1/4 turn before you break something.
wait...tightening what?

one thing i have noticed...is that my fule line has little air bubbles....even when its start.....but i really dont think its the needle settings. . .. cuz I've tried everything for the HSN and it doesn't help....

so wait..you think its cuz the carb was flipped and i might have broken the seal and i have to reseal it?

but the thing is...i havent done anything to the other parts of the engine...to have broken a seal....

that dont matter much stuff just happends try adjusting the carb and richen up the low speed a little :banana:

Rob

man...I'm soo new to this crap.....all i asked was for a working engine.....

oh well...i played around with it today...it didnt start until i put the HSN to 3....then i leaned a bit and it got REALLY REALLY hot

Originally posted by matts6887
That does sound unusually Rich; obviously thats even more so than the breakin setting of 2 turns out I believe. Well; if u have already checked all the places mentioned for air leaks, and didnt find or see anything unusual; then I would call os tech support and see what they have to say.

This sounded too rich:

Originally posted by phiber
oh well...i played around with it today...it didnt start until i put the HSN to 3....then i leaned a bit and it got REALLY REALLY hot

I'm going to take this engine apart and seal it up...and see what that does...if not..........:doh: :doh: :doh: