os cvrx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by matts6887

Actually; I totally forgot about trying that. DOH. But anyway; while u have it apart double check the gaskets/seals around the carb etc like mentioned before; because that is one thing that most people tend to overlook.
umm...I'm taking it apart to reseat the carb......i think my problem lies that....when i tightened the carb..i didnt apply downward pressure on the carb....which is what my manual says to keep air out :doh:

if my carb isnt seated well...wouldnt that mean there is an air leak?

I had the same on a tamiya motor,the carb seat seal had gone.
Today while running my fantom temps went through the roof,when I had a look the seal around the lsn has gone.

I would hazzard a guess that's where your fault is as the others have said you have an air leak somewhere. Probably around the carb area.
babytrax.jpg

for the past 2 pages...we have been rambling about air leaks...lol

man..you took that seriously...i was just joking....i know it wasn't rambling and I'm almost postive thats wats wrong...

phiber mate that is whats wrong you have air entering the motor where it shouldn't. you need to find it and seal it pure and simple.

Don't think that its new it should be ok. In a perfect world it would be.
My Fantom has been rocking from the day I got it,but the last couple of times out its been playing up a little. Then yesterday it was useless. I would guess the seal was slowly getting worse 'till yesterday gave up and I was able to spot the fuel bubbling.

I'm gonna order o ring kit and that will sort it out and give me back the Fantom I love,the one that screams power!
babytrax.jpg

hmm

i think I've fixed the problem...for now atleast...it was raining so i went to my porch and made my engine idle through 3 tanks or so....to finish breakin....i think i have it 4 turns out? and it was spitting fuel out of the exhaust ...and the head still seemed really really hot for that rich...

another question...for the guy with the racers edge screw kit...what screws did you use for connecting the chassis with the buckleheads? cuz i can't find the screw that is long enuff?

Your problem is the bubbles in the fuel tubing. If you replace you fuel tubbing it will fix it. It is running hot because the bubbles are air bubles which is causing the motor to run very lean. You should reaplace you fuel tubing and tune it.