OS 21tm or OS 18tz

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Syd_15

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
What motor to choose? I'm a backyard basher (no tracks nearby) and i would like a motor with more power and ease of tuning than my current trx 3.3. Other suggestions is welcome.

21TM or the Picco .26, the picco will be cheaper and make more torque which is preferable for bashing. The 18TZ is a bumpstart only and the crank is a bit longer.
I have raced my 21tm against 18tz's, they are the same as far as power but the 21 TM has a bit more bottom end torque.

Its hard to beat the Picco for bashing.The TM.21 is a great engine also but will cost you an extra $80.00.

Thanx for the replies, I can't find any supplier of the picco 26max in South Africa and I heard that there was a bad batch that had air leaks. I found a supplier in SA that deals with OS motors and he's asking R2000 (250USD) for the 18tz or 21tm, same price... Would the 21tm be able to lift the front of the revo 3.3 into a wheellie :D?

Sounds good! Enough power and torque but not to much to handle, excellent .... for now:D. Which pipe is recomended for the 21tm?

I have a os 21 tm and use the r tuned traxxas pipe, It works just fine but I hear that the best are trinity I'm going to get one soon I'll be sure and tell you how it does.

I have the resonator pipe from the new gen revo, how do u think will the 21tm rum with this pipe?

It will work at least fairly well, but just know there are better pipes out there that will work better.

Sorry Gus forgot about the previous post you left me at "OS 21 tm rocks".:\MY BAD. I'll consider the Trinity pipe when I upgrade to the 21tm. Don't think that I will be able to wait to long since my TRX is giving me problems with a leaking front bearing!!!! Thanx

Last edited:
Good luck. If I get the trinity before you I'll tell you how it is.

my OS .18TM will lift the front wheels off the ground. so with the .21TM you will be soaring like a bird.

or you can get the picco and just go nutz lol

Hi! Guys, New to the forum. I've always like the THS pipes. I've had great luck with all the ones I've bought for my other cars and trucks. A good solid running pipe.

Thanx for the replies, I can't find any supplier of the picco 26max in South Africa and I heard that there was a bad batch that had air leaks. I found a supplier in SA that deals with OS motors and he's asking R2000 (250USD) for the 18tz or 21tm, same price... Would the 21tm be able to lift the front of the revo 3.3 into a wheellie :D?

You can wheelie with the 3.3, just tighten your slipper a little. But the OS .21 will make it wheelie even more. Good motor you will love it.

I only got a few wheelies with the 3.3, I had to lean the LSN a lot. Got the 2-3 sec on the pinch test, but it burnt my glow plug so I backed off the LSN. I have a broken header at this time, waiting for a shipment from USA... But there is a little problem with the shipping, it was sent First Class Mail instead of Priority... I still have the 3.3, waiting for some funds to buy the 21tm. I'm just gonna run the 3.3 till theres no more left and then replace it with the 21tm.

If you want wheelies switch to an aluminum clutch with 1.0 springs.
The clutch will engage later and grab much harder.