Original Pede to brushless

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xXChevyXx

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So I picked up and original stampede from a friend and after throwing a battery in it, the thing works great. But I wasn't to convert it to brushless but don't know what motor and esc to go with or what will fit it. Anyone have any suggestions on motors/ecs's? Also i was looking at a Velineon motor from the VXL's

The Velineon system is a drop-in for that truck. Traxxas designed it to replace the Titan system. You can also go with the Castle Creations Sidewinder ESC and motor.

Yeah the velineon system would be the easiest route to go. just look at what velineon system the brushless pede has and go with that. If you wanted to speed the extra money for more speed or toque find out how many KV the original velineon system is in the brushless pede and by the castle sidewinder SCT with the 4pole motor thats closest to the original kv size.

So something like this?
http://www.castlecreations.com/products/sidewinder_sct.html

The original KV of the Velineon system is 3500 and Castle's is 3800

The rule is, the lower the KV the more torque for heavier vehicles like a truck. The 3800 may be okay on a lightweight rig like a pede for more speed, but if you want more tq, go with a lower KV rating. You can always gear for more speed if you wish if the motor will pull it safely.

You will need to replace the gears in the trans with metal ones. They will not last long trust me I did the same swap and one punch of the throttle they blew apart.