Original Kanai?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jon2

Nitro ASSpired!!!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I am looking at a Kyosho buggy someone has and it looks a lot older than I think. Can someone please tell me the difference of the Kanai, Kanai2 and the Kanai 3? Pics would be really helpful.

Thanks

Jon

I haven't even a foggy clue. Maybe posts some pics of that ride and someone can sort it out. The K cars have been around for decades.

It's never easy to identify a second hand-Inferno, as any of the parts could have been changed by the original owner.

All of the MP-7.5's are visually quite similar, but the main differences between the Kanai's are:

Kanai Worlds Edition: Gold coloured wheel hubs with blue nuts, TCD diff front and centre, turnuckles, universals all round, quad brake, ballraced servo saver

Kania 2: As above but, gold turnbuckles, fuel splash guard, 3.5mm shock shafts, blue hubs and nuts, slotted brake discs,

Kanai 3 As above but, TCD front diff only, lightened chassis with milled out portions, twin thick brake disc.

Obviously lots of other differences (shock towers etc), but difficult to spot by the untrained eye.

Hope that helps.

If you post a picture or a link to the picture I'll definately be able to help you.

Thank you tucker!!

Incidentally, they haven't been around decades, the first 'Kanai' MP-7.5, the Kanai Worlds Edition was released early in 2001 I think.

Bear in mind that Yuichi Kanai designed all the Inferno's, so some sellers use that as poetic license to stick 'Kanai' on any Inferno, even 1990's 'Mk.1' Infernos!

you know, I have been meaning to ask what the difference between models were as I had recently got a Kyosho K-whatchamacallit and was wondering what version it was. I had asked this question on another board and found some little info about the differnces and possibly which version I have.
***Please forgive me if posting link to other boards is a No Good but I thought it was still in related to this topic and me still wanting to know what the differnce is between Kyosho versions http://forums.radiocontrolzone.com/showthread.php?t=88217&page=46&pp=25

Back