OPINIONS SPACERS OR NOT? UNDER FANS

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STONER RC

BUILD it, SEND it, BASH it, FIX it, REPEAT
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
  5. Flying
  6. Boating
So the powerhobby motor sunk and fan comes with only 4 🤔🤦‍♂️. And there's 8 screws. Ridiculous IMO. But as usual there's debate on use them or not. So just seeing what all your OPINIONS are to this ? Better/more air flow with or with out??? THANKS AGAIN
16259225550597444405047944254939.jpg

If you have enough clearance use the spacers. They are a pain to line up, but the gap helps the fans work better.
Going to cut the spacer in half. Well going to try with the dremel. It only came with 4 spacers not 8. 🤔 oh well that's what dremels are for. LO🤣🤣

are you talking about .something like a washer?. if yes you can make your own out a piece of aluminum foil. take a piece . fold it in half till you get close to the same thickness as stock. a carpet tack or nail can be used to make a hole 4 screw.. as the line up use a small piece of kids clay to stick it in place(many plane wrenches will tell you this can save your bacon),,,
This little PITA . Powerhobby only has 4 spacers. But need 8 for both fans. So 👎👎 for this one LOL

16259335950465962635251404531303.jpg

my local hardware store has bins of nut bolts screw and nylon tubes. id call them a spacer in various sizes . I have my own parts bin filled with all types of parts and pieces to make what I need. id suggest getting a few and just cut to size.

Back