One badass helicopter

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gutterboy

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I just went to my in laws for a late Thanksgiving. Let me tell you that my father in law is into nitro helis real bad. He has 6 of them and 3 of them is just as long as his pool table and the other 3 is about maybe a foot shorter. Anyway he is about ready to purchase another one. This helicopter has a turbine on it. He was showing me some videos of them on his computer. I tell ya what they are wicked. He is going to purchase it in about two weeks. The price is insane as he is going to be spending about 7,600 dollars on it. I just can't what to see it, but he said no fly time until the weather is once good again.

Give us some links, I never saw a turbine helicopter.

Have to what until he gets home, tried to call but no answer. A soon as I get ahold of him I will post the website.

bring out the dead, ahh this one aint that old

http://www.rccopter.com/

turbinehelilge.jpg

OMG.

I've heard about the turbine powered helis. Bout damn time, IMO. Now if they'd get a vari pitch prop unit, we'd have true scale C-130's and such.

Nice find HB.

I saw one at RCX last year. It was awesome, sounds just like a jet spooling up. I was with the plane guys from Hacker Brushless motors, and I noticed they were all standing behind a big concrete piller. I asked WTF, they said the pilot was obviously a newbe, and he was totally overspeeding the blades! So I went and stood behind the pillar too. Seeing a 4 foot long blade go right through someone would be cool, but it didn't happen. Oh well....

If by that El you mean that it doesn't look like the copter in the video it's because it isn't. The pic and the movie are from 2 seperate sites but they are both turbine powered.

Totally forgot about this. He has changed his mind for now. He is going to build him another bike. He told me that he couldnt see spending that much on one when he can build another chopper. Oh well until then.:shrug:

Originally posted by HumboldtBlazer
If by that El you mean that it doesn't look like the copter in the video it's because it isn't. The pic and the movie are from 2 seperate sites but they are both turbine powered.
What movie? I was talking about the TV show in the 80's, Airwolf.

:bowned: :moped: :redbuggy: :tank:

That's bad as---------

Airwolf was a cool show back in the day.

Dang that thing be lookin nice and it sounds sweet too....Nick

Back