Older Tmaxx .15 nitro truck spur gear turning but the wheels do not.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frankvee

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So this is an older traxxas tmaxx .15 last used a long time ago. I'm just getting back into rc and am a lil bit rusty on diagnosing these types of problems. Any suggestions on how about to fix it would be great help to me. Thanks

Could be the forward/reverse gear pin is broke or the primary output gears?

Great thanks for the info now if I take apart the trans will I be able to see if anything is broken inside?

No. Only way to tell is to check the forward/reverse gear and see if it spins on the shaft. The pin usually will break. If that is not it then the output gears are next. The gears could be out of adjustment or stuck. The gears have a set screw on them. Don't adjust first see if they are free and the paws will open if you push on one end with the screw with a small screwdriver opposite side of setscrew. It should open easy.

I love it finally I can chat with experts on this matter. I'm not home at the moment but as soon as I get a chance I will check it out. Thanks again...

No. Only way to tell is to check the forward/reverse gear and see if it spins on the shaft. The pin usually will break. If that is not it then the output gears are next. The gears could be out of adjustment or stuck. The gears have a set screw on them. Don't adjust first see if they are free and the paws will open if you push on one end with the screw with a small screwdriver opposite side of setscrew. It should open easy.
okay so i finally got around to checking the out put gears the paws retract freely I made shure they were not sticking. If you would be so kind as to tell me what else I can check that would be great?

Check all the gear shafts and the clutch for a broken spring.

Good morniiing so I decxided top just try and run the tmax and to my surprise it actually took off. So now what it is doing is i will give it gas full throttle and it will start moving like normal. I have to give it full throttle and it sits for a few seconds then engages and runs. Kind of like when you step on the clutch of a manual car and reve it and then let go of the clutch. If that make any sence to you.

keep driving it Things are stiff after sitting along time.

Back