Older style xl-5 esc with LiPo ??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattyfats420

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I have a stampede xl5 with the older style esc. https://traxxas.com/products/parts/otherparts/xl5waterproof?t=overview

I know the newer ones can run the 2s LiPo. Would anyone know if I can run it on the older xl5 and if I can what do I need to run it. I’ve heard of the low voltage alarms for ESCs that don’t have it built in.

Any info would be great help. Traxxas didn’t really help in this matter saying it wasn’t intended to be used that way. I just want to know if I can

Thanks

Here’s what I used when I raced mine... but I’m sure they make nicer options these days. Just need to warn yourself of low voltage.

Great thanks a lot guys.

Looks like going LiPo is already going to pay off well since I can also use it in my slash.

Any recommend low voltage cut alarms?

Also I’m new to the LiPo scene so I’m not even sure what the cut off should be for a 2s

I’m going with the Traxxas set up for now since I’m new to running lipos. So it comes with there charger and 2s for $99. Going this route just in case I break something. My local hobby shop is 3 miles from my house.
Any opinions on the Traxxas charger and LiPo?