old RC10 Gold Pan....need help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pugs2300

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
so my nieces husband has an old rc10 gold pan and its in rough condition...he asked me to help him get it goin and i have a question...this is the first one of these i have ever seen and I'm not sure how they are usually set up...the steering servo was attached with 2 sided tape and that aint gonna work..lol...after looking at the holes already in the chassis I'm not sure how the servo would actually mount...could someone point me to what i need to get the servo mounted...thanks guys..

That is how mine was mounted back then too. That is why it was called servo tape. The servos were pretty low torque so it did not take a lot to hold them down really.

huh...so thats how it was supposed to be....weird...the tape apparently didnt hold it it was half pulled off already...is there any kit or anything i can use to mount the servo or am i gonna have to make something...i really don't want to go back with just tape...maybe ill tape it and also run a cable tie over it to help secure it a little better

Being as it's so old, the tape probably just hardened over time and lost it's "stick". If you're not confident in the tape, just rig something to hold it tight or mount it to.

huh...so thats how it was supposed to be....weird...the tape apparently didnt hold it it was half pulled off already...is there any kit or anything i can use to mount the servo or am i gonna have to make something...i really don't want to go back with just tape...maybe ill tape it and also run a cable tie over it to help secure it a little better

Old post, I know but they did make servo mounts for them and I belive the ones from the T2, TC3 and GT's should fit as well.

These will work too http://www.rpmrcproducts.com/products/misc/hires/7006.htm

If you would like to mount the servo properly this is what should be used.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Associated-...Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f1b1407fa

$T2eC16F,%21zcE9s4g0uI2BQBJMqfgO%21%7E%7E60_12.jpg

thanks for the replies guys...but i already got a roll of servo tape, mounted it with that and gave it back to him...it ended up working just fine and is still holding up...last i asked him and his boy have has a blast with it...

Back