Old Kyosho buggy - which model?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got my quicrun 1060 today. Managed to get the car running last week aswell. Had to replace a connector to the resistor that seem to have been burnt...the car was pretty fast, but the speed control had its issues, not responding too well when reversing etc.
Anyhow, let's jump to some more newbie questions;

Now that I've fitted the quicrun the problems with the non responding reverse gear is still there...does anyone have a clue? Could it be an issue with the motor? The ESC is responding to the controller as it seems...but it takes around four tries before the motor is finally reversing.
AND, are there any beetle bodies that would fit the raider chassi, without major modification (or is it blasphemy to even think of such things)? I really loved the sand scorcher as a kid and the kyosho beetle looks neat.
If the motor is original to the kit then it could be a problem with the motor. could be a problem with the TX/RX too. No way to know for sure without trying known good parts.

Pull the brushes and give them a good cleaning with alcohol, along with the commutator (wow, I can't believe I remember what that is called). There may be some corrosion on the commutator from all those years sitting with parts of the commutator exposed, and parts of it in contact with the brushes.

Pull the brushes and give them a good cleaning with alcohol, along with the commutator (wow, I can't believe I remember what that is called). There may be some corrosion on the commutator from all those years sitting with parts of the commutator exposed, and parts of it in contact with the brushes.
Thanks for the tips! Somehow it must’ve fixad itself overnight😬. Throttle and steering was flawless today when I took it out for a spin.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips! Somehow it must’ve fixad itself overnight😬. Throttle and steering was flawless today when I took it out for a spin.
It was possibly the brushes then. When I used to run slot cars, the little Wasp motors used to hang up and drive kinda notchy if it was a motor that had sat for awhile. After a few laps they would function normal again.

Back