Ok you 8s runners, I need some input/advice

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRAT

Hardcore RCTalk User
Rig of the Month Winner
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
  5. Flying
Now I see a lot people running 8s in Series, mine is set up that way. So what is the difference buying a 8s battery or running two 4s in series? I think I have idea why but not for certain. And what do you recommend running?

I buy 4s because I can run the 8s in my Xmaxx and the 4s in my E-revo.
I have a few rigs I can run on 4s but only the Xmaxx is 8s.

You can draw current faster from 2 4s batteries in series than you can a single 8s battery. It does help with weight distribution also. Both 8s rigs I have came with split battery trays. I've never seen one with a single tray, nor have I ever seen an 8s battery. I'm sure they exist, I've just never seen one.

You can draw current faster from 2 4s batteries in series than you can a single 8s battery. It does help with weight distribution also. Both 8s rigs I have came with split battery trays. I've never seen one with a single tray, nor have I ever seen an 8s battery. I'm sure they exist, I've just never seen one.
Ok good input thanks. Yes they do make 8s batteries and I know on series that we run 24 volt batteries in a series on haul trucks on we run 4 to 6 batteries but it’s because the draw ect. So I was just picking some brains 🧠 on this on rc.

Back