Ok, REVO or Losi LST???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikes614

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I haven't ever seen this thread before, so I thought I might start it. Does anyone care to comment as to which they would prefer for bashing? REVO or LST? All things considered, I think I'm going to buy a REVO here real soon. I just haven't heard anything bad about them, and they seem a bit up on tech over the LST. I also don't like the receiver pack set-up on the LST. Although the LST has a sweet radio, I'm already pretty content with the TQ-3 because I own an E-MaXX. A big block would be nice, but the LST also carries around 5 extra pound over the REVO. It's give and take. Anyway... what do y'all think. Does anyone have experience with both?

RobMob has both of them As a matter of fact I think he has one of everything.
PM him. Hes a good guy and will tell it as it is.

just me cents i would go with the revo just cuz the lst parts are insane on prices and the revo is nown for being a good truck but everybody has there own ipinions

SuperMaxx83 said:
just me cents i would go with the revo just cuz the lst parts are insane on prices and the revo is nown for being a good truck but everybody has there own ipinions
True on the LST parts but it is still a great truck

Thanks for the Advice!

I think the price of the LST :

XS3 synth radio
great motor
Great tires
Suspension's awesome
Dope spin start

BUT Bad pricing on parts for replacement.

REVO

Revo crap radio
Decent motor
Better tires
suspensions is awesome
Mediocre EZ Start

the lst is a pice of crap i have one i jump my revo over my van back flip front flip crazy truck real good in the ait the lst i am afraid to take it 2 foot of the ground the revo i beat the piss out of and it is there waiting for more

Ya, I'd sure hate to bend a rod on one of those sweet looking LST shocks. They're probably $30 a piece. (the shock itself) I know out LHS sent back all of thier LST's because they were having problems will the radios. Maybe not an LST problem, and more of a JR problem. Anyway... I like the tech of the REVO, and since it's my 1st Nitro, I think Traxxas might be the way to go. I'm just a little nervous about break-in. Any advice? The LHS said I should use Blue Thunder, and not the Traxxas stuff... What do y'all think

Also, how often should I plan on going through glow plugs? How many during break-in? Anyone know where to find them cheap? or do I have to use Traxxas glow-plugs?

I use MC-59 glow plugs running Traxxas 20% fuel. I've traded in my TRX2.5R for an O.S. 0.18TM and I can tell you it makes the Revo scream. Nikes614, get a Revo. Talk to Scott over at Hobbytown on Gilbert/Baseline, he'll tell you all about the problems they've been having with the LSTs.

I think that's who told me about the LST issues. I think he said he'd rather race an LST, but that a REVO is better for bashing. I think I just like the REVO better anyway... Plus, the price is a little nicer. So you like the Traxxas fuel huh? How do the mod engeins run for. How fast does your REVO go?

It seems most of the cost of the LST is the radio (ok not most) but it sure drives up the price. I've read of several people breaking things on the LST that just shouldn't break and then forking out some cash to fix it. I don't own one, just stating what I have heard from LST owners. There was a couple guys on another board that dumped their LST's for Revo's and said it was a world of difference. The same could probably be said about the Revo though. In this forum you'll probably get a lot of bias towards the Revo so take everything for what it's worth.
In mine I have used both the MC-59 and the Traxxas plug, I liked the McCoy much better but I got a really sweet deal on 12 Traxxas plugs. I guess get what you like or can get locally. Plan to use one plug for the break-in then just be safe and pitch it and start fresh from there. There's quite a few mods and such you can do to the Revo to make it a really great performer on the track. Out of the box it's good too.

I think he said he'd rather race an LST, but that a REVO is better for bashing.

Are you sure he did not get it backwards????

And yep, started using the McCoy MC 59 plugs in mine; sucker screams, begs for more RPM.

Revo Rancher's stable:
Revo
T-Maxx 2.5
RS4-3 SS12
OFNA Hyper 7 PCR
TT SB4-S3 with O.S. V-Spec

I just bought my REVO from Tower... I should get it next week. I picked up some Traxxas 20% Nitro, some after-run oil, 2 traxxas glow plugs (they were out of McCoys) and a fuel bottle. I can't wait for my REVO. I got the black one... Yippee!

For bashing the Revo over an LST any day.The Revo can take a serious beating and keep ticking.

LST looks great,great truck.But you can damage it alot faster and the parts will cost you more.

I have both and would not dare to push the LST as much as the Revo.Plus my LST is shiny with almost no scratches I want to keep it near new :smoke:

nikes614 said:
Ya, I'd sure hate to bend a rod on one of those sweet looking LST shocks. They're probably $30 a piece. (the shock itself) I know out LHS sent back all of thier LST's because they were having problems will the radios. Maybe not an LST problem, and more of a JR problem. Anyway... I like the tech of the REVO, and since it's my 1st Nitro, I think Traxxas might be the way to go. I'm just a little nervous about break-in. Any advice? The LHS said I should use Blue Thunder, and not the Traxxas stuff... What do y'all think
cause there is die in the blue not in the traxxas and if you are going to send the motor back to traxxas so you can get a warrenty repai or what ever they will void the warr just replace the motor with an os18 no problems no more lol

I've got both...revo and LST...and they're both great!

BUT...if I had to pick one....it'd be the LST.

Basher....Both are super tough...but I put the LST up there w/ the Savage in terms of taking a beating!!!

Racer....diffrent classes...the revo's more a racer from stock...but the lst can be w/ some mods.

FUN...my LST when stock would pull wheelies all over the yard. Super fast and the gear down tranny lets u use it as a rock crawler too....The radio gear is top notch...and it's just FREAKY fast for a truck so big (and I've owned an ek4 w/ .70). To me...I could bash it...race it...crawl w/ it....and you'll not regret owning one. Too me the revo is a racer...not a basher or a crawler...but it's all in what u wanna do with it.

REVO 3.3 all the way!! picco .26, hitec 330oz @ .12sec stering servo, airtronics 125oz @ .10sec throtle/brakes, center diff/rear brakes, trinity pipe, spectrum dx3 that thing flies!

Back