OK, now I really want a drag car - New Pinto Body

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

cbaker65

RCNT VIP
Reaction score
1627250241368.png

Doom!

Team Dust Devil
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Flying
Cool stuff indeed! I won't even pretend to go there, but I like to look.
Oh man. Just browsing that Eagle site. They have a boatload of 1/24 bodies for slot cars. Wonder how this would look on an SCX24
It would be cool lookin' for sure. I need to get back to work on my 32 Ford pickup scx24. Maybe when I'm done with the safari rig. One thing you need to be carefull of if you try it, is body width. Everyone remembers wheel to wheel length wise, but all that stuff still has to squeeze under the hood.

JerBear

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I digging the Pro Line Pinto body! I owned 2 Pintos in my life. They were both reliable, cheap and fun! Back in the 70's Pinto's ruled the Pro Stock ranks in drag racing. Gapp and Roush (the same Roush in NASCAR and road racing) and Bob Glidden had 'em!
Go to a local oval race and the Mini Stock class was dominated in numbers by Pintos. I'm gonna snag one of these bad boys!

WickedFog

Here, hold my beer!
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
I digging the Pro Line Pinto body! I owned 2 Pintos in my life. They were both reliable, cheap and fun! Back in the 70's Pinto's ruled the Pro Stock ranks in drag racing. Gapp and Roush (the same Roush in NASCAR and road racing) and Bob Glidden had 'em!
Go to a local oval race and the Mini Stock class was dominated in numbers by Pintos. I'm gonna snag one of these bad boys!
If you look at those pics, I think the white one is sitting on a Traxxas Bandit chassis, and the gold one is on the Associated SR10. The SR10 has a shorter 10.94" wheelbase. I am kinda digging the look with the rear tires just a bit forward in the wheel opening. I have never had either chassis, so I am wondering which would be best.

johnnydmd

RCNT Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
There is someone I saw on FB doing a Vega body, they have it pretty close to ready for production. Looks fantastic.

Love the Pinto body, I have a friend with a nitro Jato that wants to build a drag car out of it, so this body might work as long as he uses Bandit arms.