Ok, i took the plunge :)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parag0n

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
just bought myself a nice Savage SS .25 from tower, can't wait for it to arrive!

anyway, i want to get bits ready for its arrival, i have most of the basic tools, but as it's my first nitro i'll need a load of stuff to go with it!

Included with it i got:

Savage SS .25
Ofna Linkage mod kit
Savage Reverse Module
Duratrax kwikpit 250CC fuel bottle
Duratrax IR temp gauge
Airtronics Heavy Duty Servo

As i'm in the UK, i couldnt get the radio gear with it (75mhz is illegal in the UK), so i'm putting togther a list of stuff i still need to get it up and running... up to now i have:

Radio Tx + Rx + 2 Servos
Glow start (+ batt + Charger)
Glow Plug Spanner
Thread Lock
Superglue
Gallon of fuel

can anyone think of anything else i'd need to get it from the box to the track? I have basic tools, screwdrivers, allen keys etc

Thx
Bob (Parag0n)

erm... sorry, what's a cb? clutch bell?

i was hoping to buy replacements for things as they broke... maybe i should put together a quick fix toolkit with the bits i break most often to take around with me :)

Since it's the SS and you will be building it, I would highly recommend the 4 spider diff mod. It will be much easier to do it now then to wait and have to tear it all down again later on. It's only about $15 (u.s.).

Unless you want to fine tune your gear ratio, you won't need extra clutch bells. The SS comes with both a 15 and 18 tooth.

Last edited:
get your self a battery pack. (rechargable) instead of using AA's for the trucks on board electronics.

Back