OFNA ultra or Traxxas Slayer

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DangerRanger

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I found a used Slayer with a new motor from Traxxas for $150. Needs throttle linkage, transmitter & revceiver. Or an OFNA ultra, from say the late 90's? It has a Delta Force motor, I dont know the displacement, or any specs on it the guy says it puts out 1.7hp? I just kinda was like whatever people say all kinds of things to get you going ha!.

The Slayer is 1/10 scale OFNA is 1/8. As far as I could being a noob and all the OFNA would need a glow plug, probably clean or rebuild fuel tank it looked gunked up. A front shock was broken. Will need new tires they were all chewed to heck, wheels just for looks they were nasty looking. New body and wing. Battery container was cracked..

I'm having trouble finding information on the OFNA, parts, upgrades that kind of thing. And finding them for the slayer doesn't seem to be an issue for me.

The guys asking $300 for the OFNA Ultra I think its called. It kinda looks to me like a Truggy... Any information or opinions greatly appreciated.

Since you stated your new to the hobby, I wouldn't recommend either. Nitro rc has a fairly steep learning curve. It's impossible to know the condition of a used engine, unless you physically see it run, or at least know what a good pinch feels like. If it gets cold where you live, this is another big reason not to go nitro. They hate the cold, and running them when the temperature is below 40 or so raises the odds of doing damage to the piston and sleeve. All the engine internals really. If this is going to be your first hobby grade rc, I recommend electric all day. Especially if you want to run in the cold and snow. Check out Traxxas' line up of water proof rigs. There's something for everybody.:)

I lIve in Austin, Tx so cold weather really isnt an issue. And i've played with a nitro car befor a friend of mine had one we toyed with he raced it at his school. That was around 6 years ago or so. I've been an auto mechanic for 5 years. I really want to get nitro car to play with, tune tweak modify what have you. =) Thanks for the input!