Ofna ultra lx ones???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pit bull kinda guy

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
So I compared mine and my dads Ofna ultra lx ones but battery box placement and a few other things are different what's up with that is one a lx pro and the other one a regular lx1 ??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 963
The buggy on the right is a Ofna Ultra LX Pro.
OfnaUltraLXPro.jpg

The buggy on the left is possibly an Ultra MBX R2 (minus the front upper chassis brace) or
an LX Pro with a MBX R2 servo tray? Tough call, lots of variations with these models.
ultrambx.jpg

Last edited:
The buggy on the right is a Ofna Ultra LX Pro.
View attachment 16404

The buggy on the left is possibly an Ultra MBX R2 (minus the front upper chassis brace) or
an LX Pro with a MBX R2 servo tray? Tough call, lots of variations with these models.
View attachment 16405
Ok so how easy would I be go convert it to an ultra lx 2 cause I need something that can compete

Ok so how easy would I be go convert it to an ultra lx 2 cause I need something that can compete
I think the LX2 is an outdated model, parts are getting tough to find, so its really not worthwhile converting to one.
It would be easier to upgrade what you already have.
The proper tire can make substantial performance gains. Its good to have an assortment of tires on hand for different track conditions.
New shocks, servos, rechargeable battery packs and 2.4ghz radios are great upgrades compatible with just about any model of buggy.
And if you really want to kick it up your buggy's potential, get yourself a good engine/pipe/clutch combo

Last but not least, hone your driving skills, you should have no problem competing with anyone.

Last edited:
Like nitrotrout said, parts are getting hard to find- and if you're competing, you're more likely to break something and that'll put you out of action for a while if you can't find spares. :)

I think the LX2 is an outdated model, parts are getting tough to find, so its really not worthwhile converting to one.
It would be easier to upgrade what you already have.
The proper tire can make substantial performance gains. Its good to have an assortment of tires on hand for different track conditions.
New shocks, servos, rechargeable battery packs and 2.4ghz radios are great upgrades compatible with just about any model of buggy.
And if you really want to kick it up your buggy's potential, get yourself a good engine/pipe/clutch combo

Last but not least, hone your driving skills, you should have no problem competing with anyone.
Also, well done on getting 1000 posts :)- I'm nearly there too...

Also, well done on getting 1000 posts :)- I'm nearly there too...

Thanks Ninnon, I didn't realize I had that much to say.
You're well on your way and you'll be there in no time, with good advice I mighty add. :thumbs-up:

I have one of those LX's sitting on a shelf... haven't driven the thing in probably 2 years. Was difficult finding parts then.

I have one of those LX's sitting on a shelf... haven't driven the thing in probably 2 years. Was difficult finding parts then.
Haven't seen you here before... You've been a member for a long time but have very few likes- how come? I presume you've left the hobby for a few years and then came back. :)

Haven't seen you here before... You've been a member for a long time but have very few likes- how come? I presume you've left the hobby for a few years and then came back. :)

Yeah, notice the post count. Been around for quite a few years. Just had to back burner everything RC the past couple.

What's up olds,..how have ya been man?