Ofna Monster Pirate rims/wheels on a Savage?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Throttle

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Has anyone put Ofna rims/wheels from a Monster Pirate on a Savage. I really like the offset on the rim. I would get a much wider stance. Other than the adaptor to facilitate the 17MM hub, will they strip out from my .26 picco torque? Thanks.

Not certain about the stripping issue. As long as the rim is firmly seated on the hub and tightened down, you should be okay. Most of the stripping that occurs is cause by loosely fitted hub to rim and or tire not being tightened down all the way.

That's what I am thinking also. Maybe after every tank I will just get in the habit of checking the wheel nuts. Thanks Sky.

Yeah, the MP tires/wheels fit just fine on the Savage. I have a friend who runs with them. It increased the width of the truck alot. Give them a shot.

Later...

I need to first find the adaptors at a cheap price. $22.00 on towers is a little much. I'm going to check with my local hobby shop first.

Thanks UNCDRock57. Those worked well for you without any issues?

Thanks for the info. I'll order them this weekend.

Back