Ofna Ld3 Rtr?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paintbug

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'm looking at getting back into RC racing very soon. i really like nitro touring cars and i am looking to get the LD3. has anyone had a chance to drive one of these? how does it handle? how upgradable is it?? thanks!

It handles very well. Get the 2speed RTR, and yes it is upgradable. Make sure ur LHS has parts.

alot of hobbie shops are dropping this line from there inventory, I havent really heard the reasons why but I think it has alot to do with parts availability, I own 2 cars, a nitro4tec and a tc3, the tc3 is about a week old and I really like this car and parts for it are everywhere, your lhs will only stock parts for cars they are selling, most hobby stores dont carry ofnas so they wont have parts if you buy one online or at another store you will end up waiting a while for a $2 part if you have to order it! so if you want to be happy get a tc3, you wont regret it!

instead of RCNT,this aught to be buy a TC3.com:trout:

lOL @ Jonesr4u!

I dont think its the forum itself as much as it is the users on the forum. Dont know what else to say. Except, The People Have Spoken!

lolol

I can only say one thing,as much as people praise them the TC3 has got to be one hell of a car,I'm sticking with my RS4 and am on a mission to make it a TC3 eater?I may have to purchase a TC3 (for parkinglot bashing only) after I trick out my RS4 for racing!

You can hop up that rs4 all you want , but you will never be able to out manuever a tc3 with it, You may even get it to be faster in a straight run but that would cost you some large coin!the tc3 is a much better handeling car than the rs4 and would run circles around you! How can you have a tc3 eater if you can't catch it?
good luck in your quest to eat tc3s, but if you really want to make a tc3 eater I suggest you get a tc3 and hop up the poop out of it and then you could just eat other tc3s!

Or buy a Serpent :bling:

I think that might be my next one over the new Schumacher .21. I can't decide.

Screw it, I'm not buying any more R.C.'s until I buy my house. .....nevermind..... reality sets in every once in a while.

If you do decide to go ith an LD3 spend a few extra $$ upfront and get the pro version. If it was available at the time I bought my LD3 I would have Def gotten that one.

I like my LD3. Once you set it upcorrectly it runs very nice, very predictable, very stable at any speed straight line or in a turn. The only real complaint I have is the rtr engine.

The Picco Read head is really NOT a performer (only .55hp). Its very finicky at first but once completely broken in (10+ tanks) I can get it started in 3 pulls or less every time. It keeps a tune but has some air leak problems that can be remedied with some sealant. Once you change out the mill and set her up on a HUDY or some such system, I'm sure she wont let you down...

I can't say anything either positive or negative about the NTC3, Mugen or Serpent except that they seem VERY popular.

more pix are comming soon and I will say this HAVE RS4/TC3 EATER,WILL TRAVEL! any challanges?:hi:

paintbug - from what i have seen, the LD3 is almost an exact copy of the NTC3. In my opinion, i would go with the NTC3 as it is a tried and true machine, with tons of support. If, however, your LHS is well stocked with LD3 parts and has good support, go for it, how bad can it be, it is modeled after the winningest touring car in history. I would also imagine that quite a bit of the NTC3 parts are compatable.

Originally posted by joneser4u
more pix are comming soon and I will say this HAVE RS4/TC3 EATER,WILL TRAVEL! any challanges?:hi:

Now does this ntc3 have to be stock rtr or have a few aftermarket parts. Cuz i'm finishing my ntc3 prepping to race it. I'm dropping a 1.52hp@41,000rpm novarossi. Think you can still hang? OH yeah, and normal on-roads are about 1700-1800g, mines 1480g.

Here's a comparison of the ntc3 and the LD3 pro...
kitntc3-top.jpg

LD3pro-top-BIG.jpg

Last edited:
Nitromaniac, bring your tc3 and my SS will kill your car. TC3 is a excellent car, but don't shoot down jonser's HPI car when they are fully capable to eat your car like its nothing.
LOL
Just playin with ya man, but seriously, my SS looks no where near that kind of car ne more. It will rock a mid modd TC3 ne day.
Peter

Originally posted by Nitroaddict
paintbug - from what i have seen, the LD3 is almost an exact copy of the NTC3. In my opinion, i would go with the NTC3 as it is a tried and true machine, with tons of support. If, however, your LHS is well stocked with LD3 parts and has good support, go for it, how bad can it be, it is modeled after the winningest touring car in history. I would also imagine that quite a bit of the NTC3 parts are compatable.

thats pretty much what the guy at the shop said. alot of parts are compatable. they also have a good selection of OFNA parts there. the LD3 RTR kit is $325 with a 2 speed, fail safe, fuel bottle, glow igniter, and a cool painted body. the NTC3 is $299 with single speed and none of the other stuff, plus the body is painted but boring. neither one comes with an awesome motor so either way that has to be replaced. but i am really starting to look at the new Savage SS kit. but I'm still not sure what I'm going to get.

Back