OFNA Hyper ST

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcane98

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I don't see any threads pertaining to the truck, so why not start one...

I was having issues in the beginning with the engine running over 300... Well long story short I got them temps down into the 260's now and she runs like a champ! I run 25% and a MC59 plug... :jet:

HyperST_1.jpg

Nice! How does she handle? Being that it is the newest "kid" on the block in the truggy class, there is not much right up on it just yet.

Tom

Nice looking truck, how do you post large pictures on this page ? When I post them they are small ??

I would say the truck handles like a champ. I'm not all that great right now at setups since I am just a BYB, but I am running 5k/5k/3k and 45wt with stock springs all around and it grabs the dirt no problem... I can get some sweet air off the mounds, but it does have a tendency to "smack" the rear end. I am working on some video, so hopefully it will be done soon...

OFNA1

My pics are linked to photobucket.com...

Thanks for the info, I hope to show some of my rides in large size now, Thanks. I also look forward to more input ont your truck in the future, I am working on a Hyper 8 and I have been getting some negitive feedback from people and some positive, I think it is a nice ride, and can not wait to have fun with it. I have had Ofna 9.5 Pro, a Violator, and a Hyper 7 and they can take some kind of a beating and just keep going. I am looking a getting a Mugen truggie and I am sure it is a nice ride also, just do not under stand why people want to bash other manufactures, they are all nice trucks and buggies

...just do not under stand why people want to bash other manufactures, they are all nice trucks and buggies

It's kinda the same reason Earnhardt fans boo Jeff Gordon... He's a good racer, it just the nature of the sport :yes:

I have always had a secret passion for OFNA products. Not one of them has let me down yet. Mugen is a bit on the pricey side for me simply because I do not race. I am more the BYB than anything.

Here is some video from the past weekend...

[ame="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3851151983925617608&pr=goog-sl"]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3851151983925617608&pr=goog-sl[/ame]

Nobody likes Gordon because he pronunciates. :LoL:

Sweet Music, on your show. RC & NASCAR, does not get any better than that. I hear you on the BYB, that is mor me to.

how are the plastic shock towers holdin up. any problems with them?

i would not buy the hyper st RTR because of all the plasticparts...
I am going with the Savage X 4.6 RTR:D:D

i would not buy the hyper st RTR because of all the plasticparts...
I am going with the Savage X 4.6 RTR:D:D

Two different platforms. A Truggy and a Monster truck perform differently, tune differently and more. The ST with all the plastic and the lack of a better radiio box is just not what I would get personally.The Hyper ST is OK for starting out. Not sure of what there is out there that is RTR other than the CEN Matrix Truggy.

how are the plastic shock towers holdin up. any problems with them?

I have not had any issues with this truck... plastic or not this truck is tough. Now I would not bash it like I bash my Savage simply because my Savage can withstand the forces of evil :whhooo:

If you like to BYB and want the option for entry level racing without much upgrading.. this be the truck. Just my 2¢, so take it for what it's worth :second_place:

Nice Truck Bcane98,

I have done a bit of research myself and in fact I just ordered an ST PRO as my first kit build.

I don't care what anybody says, for the money this is a great value.....and every other person who owns OFNA products has said the same thing.

They are durable....and parts are plentiful.

I recently got my hands on a Hyper seven, and it is the toughest RC I have driven....so I took the plunge I know you Mugen fans will be disappointed....but I have been working on this for a while ands I think the Hoa Boa/Ofna products are on the rise.....and they prove it on the track. I still the Mugen is an incredible machine.....just a bit rich for my blood in total cost of ownership...and besides it does not matter what I buy.....I STILL can't DRIVE.

My 6 cents worth...;)

Last edited:
Nice Truck Bcane98,

I have done a bit of research myself and in fact I just ordered an ST PRO as my first kit build.

I don't care what anybody says, for the money this is a great value.....and every other person who owns OFNA products has said the same thing.

They are durable....and parts are plentiful.

I recently got my hands on a Hyper seven, and it is the toughest RC I have driven....so I took the plunge I know you Mugen fans will be disappointed....but I have been working on this for a while ands I think the Hoa Boa/Ofna products are on the rise.....and they prove it on the track. I still the Mugen is an incredible machine.....just a bit rich for my blood in total cost of ownership...and besides it does not matter what I buy.....I STILL can't DRIVE.

My 6 cents worth...;)

Where did you pick this up from??

I run the Losi 8T and I have read the magazine reviews recently and the Ofna is getting the same if not better rating than the Losi. Looks like a real good racer for the money.

i have to agree, plastic parts or not, this truggy is solid. most of the reviews have given this truggy 2 thumbs up with little to no issues with the plastic shock towers. the biggest issue i heard about was 1 guy stripped out a couple wheels, but for me that could have been from user error.

the ST pro, imo, is simply going to be a nice ride for a decent price.

Talon, what mill are you dropping in the ST PRO?

i have to agree, plastic parts or not, this truggy is solid. most of the reviews have given this truggy 2 thumbs up with little to no issues with the plastic shock towers. the biggest issue i heard about was 1 guy stripped out a couple wheels, but for me that could have been from user error.

the ST pro, imo, is simply going to be a nice ride for a decent price.

Talon, what mill are you dropping in the ST PRO?

Well I am on a budget....but for now I just ordered a Jammin .28 Turbo Truggy Mill. I will put a Jp-2 pipe on there to start.....should move it out pretty good.....I will eventually by a higher end mill as funds allow..;)

It should be here by the end of the week.....gonna be fun. Anybody know the common diff weights being used?

Talon

Talon,

sounds like a nice engine. post up some pics when you can. the local guy here is slow to get his order so i'll need to wait some more....