OFNA Hyper 8.5 Pro? Buggy reco please!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

30%NitroBoy

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey ya'll,

I have a brand new RB Concept S7 Engine, Header and tuned pipe that's been collecting dust in my garage for many moons awaiting a buggy.

I've been looking @ the 8.5 Pro........thoughts?

I just want a buggy that'll be kick ass in the long run. Keeping in mind that my experience has been relegated to really mediocre or craptastic buggies. I'm not gonna be doing any real racing, just something to play with.

TIA

May want to also look at the RC8 and Losi 8B. Both have some pretty great designs that are proven to be race worthy so I am sure bashing would be great.

As far as the Hyper 8.5, I have only seen a few and they seem to be great contenders as well. Haven't see them win or even heard about them winning. I had the Hyper 7 before and it was a great platform.

Hey brother,

Thanks for chimming in Jon. Honestly, their's nothing other then a Moneypit that I might find on Ebay that's gonna be strong enough for me but I tend to baby Buggies ALLOT more then MT's. I'll check out the recos you mentioned.

Thanks mang!

Check out the Hong Nor LXone (ofna) I have one as a basher buggy so I dont hurt my Mugens and Hyper 8. It is very strong and comes with a Force .32. Although you dont need a mill.
The only problem I've had with it is I replaced the steering servo in about three seconds.....

Hyper 8.5 is an awesome buggy. I run with a group of people that drive the 8.5's and we have nothing bad to say about it at all. Plus, I like the fact that not to many people have them so we're different. Mostly you see the Losi's or the Associated's and Mugen's. The X1X is also a great buggy.

Hope that helps.

For the $$$ the 8.5 is a great buggy.
Get the kit or PRO of any buggy you want, as they tend to be more stout than the RTR stuff, and you dont need the mill/pipe. Most RTRs need the steering servo replaced anyway. If your just going to bash, maybe look at the Hyper 7, the kits are going for a song NEW on Ebay, and parts are easy to find there yet.
I also have a like new roller for sale,sorry, SHAMELESS plug!!!!