OFNA Hyper 7 RTR - PCR Edition

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GilBeQuick

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Ok, I thought I was set on the Violator, but with all the talk about how the Hyper 7 is the way to go with OFNA, I'm seriously considering the Hyper 7 PCR Edition. It's a great price at what seems to be a great buggy with lots of features.

What do you all think about this buggy? What's do you all like and dislike about it?

I forgot, here's a link: http://www.ofna.com/hyper7-pcr.html

I think that is a pretty sick ass buggy. PCR hop-ups seem to be of great quality and the sure do look pretty too. HoBao makes that rig and it is a race bread animal. That would be model of buggy from Ofna that I would own if I did oown one

It does seem pretty sweet....and for the price it just seems damn hard to beat. Laydown servos, 8 port, front and rear chassis braces, pivotball suspension... I've seen a couple of sites selling it for well over $500...and they've got it for $440....

So this PCR Edition RTR comes with a radio, starterbox & mill? They dont specify what radio it comes with though... I want to build one myself, but the damn kit versions of these buggies are so damn expensive.... I want that JR XS3 radio & a nice beefy kit.
Damn decisions....

If it comes with the run of the mill cheapo radio, ebay it for $40 and buy a rx pack with the green.

looks like a good car, the only worry i would have is that laydown throttle linkage, one good wack and the arm stickingout could get broke and away your buggy goes

It's a base radio, that's made for OFNA by Futaba. It's probably decent in quality, but just cheap in general if ya know what I man. But seriously, what RTR does come with a decent radio? (excluding Losi) For the most part they're there only to get the job done and no extra frills!

Originally posted by slothy
looks like a good car, the only worry i would have is that laydown throttle linkage, one good wack and the arm stickingout could get broke and away your buggy goes

Hmmm.....are you talking about the transponder mount?
http://www.ofna.com/images/hyperPCR-servos-BIG.jpg

Last edited:
Well the Storm RTR that I just bought came with a JR XR3i FM radio. That's pretty decent. The RTR Swift also comes with an Airtronics FM radio as well. So, they are out there.

Hey now, quit crapping on my point. JK HAHAHA!! You know what I mean though.

Originally posted by GilBeQuick
It's a base radio, that's made for OFNA by Futaba. It's probably decent in quality, but just cheap in general if ya know what I man. But seriously, what RTR does come with a decent radio? (excluding Losi) For the most part they're there only to get the job done and no extra frills!

Hmmm.....are you talking about the transponder mount?
http://www.ofna.com/images/hyperPCR-servos-BIG.jpg

no the throtle arm, but from that angle doesn't look as bad

Attachments

• small.jpg
    small.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 167
That's a sweet buggy. That head is huge! In your opinion, other than the engine or tires, what are the best hop-ups that you've done that you'd reccomend before the others?

I would look at changing the chassis braces first to stop any unwanted flex.

Then the front and rear hinge pin holders.

Also, what about an upgraded pipe for 8 port engine? For overall performance, not specified to low-end or top-end.

Also, do you think the PCR is worth the extra money over the PBS? The only difference is the laydown servo setup right?
So the stock chassis braces are plastic?

Mine is not the PCR Edition.

Mine has all the Special CNC 7075 Alloy parts on it i and i dont have the lay down steering on mine as i am not keen on it.

The PCR parts are nearly $400 on there own and that does not includ the price of the buggy and all the other hop-ups.

You could get yourself the RB63 pipe that will make the buggy run better.

The stock braces are of the ball joint type and cane pop of, the hop-up one are CNC alloy and bolt to the chassis.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for the advice.
What I meant above was is it worth paying the extra cash for the laydown setup?

I would not buy as it looks a little weak to me. Dont want to snap of the throttle at full speed.