Ofna buggies which are compatiable parts wise?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monsterman

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey all,
New here sorta been learking around reading and like the looks of this place so here I am.. Anyway my question for all you Ofna buggy owners is which buggy parts work with other buggies? I've got an Ofna Violator... Some of the stock parts look identical but I am not so sure so I was just curious so I know for future reference..

Thanks
Monsterman

Offhand, not a lot of parts are cross-compatible, with few exceptions (screws, for example).

HeartBreak said:
Offhand, not a lot of parts are cross-compatible, with few exceptions (screws, for example).

Nope....
for the violator the only difference between the MBX 9.5 series is the front end..the violator uses Kingpin hubs and the 9.5 has C-hub style steering.....you can also replace the front end completely w/ the PBS setup (best front end OFNA makes IMO)......some of the H7 stuff is interchangeable too but I'm having brain fart issues from too much whiskey last nite.....
also the gears ar all interchangeable...get the hardened OFNA gears for your diffs, the stock ones blow butt bubbles......the quad brakes are nice but not necessary if you know how to tune your brakes and just use craddock pads....
Now the K 7.5 has a lot of interchangeable parts for the 9.5 series as well...it's almost an exact copy of the 7.5 kyosho series.......those are hit or miss though.......BTW if you're looking for hop ups and such for that I have a 9.5 pro I upgraded....ALOT......PM if you're interested......

Plaidfish said:
Nope....
for the violator the only difference between the MBX 9.5 series is the front end..the violator uses Kingpin hubs and the 9.5 has C-hub style steering.....you can also replace the front end completely w/ the PBS setup (best front end OFNA makes IMO)......some of the H7 stuff is interchangeable too but I'm having brain fart issues from too much whiskey last nite.....
also the gears ar all interchangeable...get the hardened OFNA gears for your diffs, the stock ones blow butt bubbles......the quad brakes are nice but not necessary if you know how to tune your brakes and just use craddock pads....
Now the K 7.5 has a lot of interchangeable parts for the 9.5 series as well...it's almost an exact copy of the 7.5 kyosho series.......those are hit or miss though.......BTW if you're looking for hop ups and such for that I have a 9.5 pro I upgraded....ALOT......PM if you're interested......

Show's how much of an Ofna person I am, lol. Bout the only thing Ofna I have is a starter box and an exhaust pipe. Usually, interchangability (is that even a word?!) is nonexistant between models. Altho, the Inferno6 internal diff gears are the exact same thing (but made better, for some unknown reason) as the storm's diff gears. I guess it's just about as hit-n-miss as can be.

Usually, manufactuers tend to create the next models from the ground up, so it's kinda rare to see re-used parts. That's about all my 8th scale knowledge....

Okay, I'll shut mah face now...

I didn't mean to slam you down......
but the diff gears is a common part that is interchangeable even between manufacturers.....the GS/OFNA/Kyosho spider gears are all the same shape...the only difference is the metal used.......then the Mugen and Xray spider gears are the same as well...the Xray ones are made from O2 hudy steel too......just to let all you mugen drivers know that, if you're stripping spider gears, use the XB8 ones.......outdrives are also usually interchangeable between manufacturers as well......Damn!!! Typing this is just reminding me of how pissed I am I won't get my favorite track back for a few months.....

Heh, no worries; ya actually gave me a bit of info that'll probably save my hide... I've got the Mbx5 Prospec, and if I strip out a spider gear, now I know what to use... Got a part num for those gears, by any chance?

And, at least you'll be getting your track back.... the one I was GOING to run at (bought the mbx5 and a host of other stuff... $1500 worth or so) closed a #!@$!@#$@!# week after I got it!!

Politics man, politics. That's all I got to say on that.

I'm not so sure it's coming back....I know they've been trying to set up a motocross track and do away w/ the RC stuff......I figured that would be a cool place to go if they keep both and you're into motor sports...I mean, all budgets can get in on the fun that way.....I see the trck from I-95 and it's kiling me that the whole park is closed and no-one is using the track area at all...we could be in there entertaining the guys while they are camping out (the parks are being used as temp dumps for debris and campground for electricians and workers here for the hurricane repairs).....

That really bites the big one. Trust me, I feel your pain. Here, I've got one certain person angry at me (hey, I called a spade a spade... over an open P.A. mic... but that's another story), so I really don't have a track I can race at, until another one crops up... and hopefully isn't influenced by his club (I hate club-controlled tracks. If you ain't kissin butt, you're out on your ear).

Unfortunately, the MBX6 will prolly be out by then... Just my luck, LOL. The track was literally a 2 minute drive away, indoors, allowed 8th scales, and the owner was cool (not many track owners would hide a persons' transponder, then let everyone else in on it... much less let the person run a race without knowing it was missing). The claim was that the landlord pulled the lease (forcing the owner to sell out the hobby shop part), but I don't buy it.

On the up side, at least the track isn't being put to a really bad use..... like an out-and-out landfill, or a tree farm. Me, I'm stuck bashing till something crops up... Even then, my bashing locations are limited; all the suitable places are near apartments/business's, and the cops here... Well, they make FastEddy's rent-a-cop look like a child on a trike.

Ah well, that's what that new mini (rc18b) I bought is for.

I hate rent a cops.....
I can understand them doing their job but I used to skate in midtown nyc alot and I know we marked poop up and all that but they had NO problem letting some junkies shoot up on the bench, but god forbid you have fun on something noone is using at the time.....
I had one looked like a cop in great neck, LI(car and all looked official) he sat me and my friend down in cuffs, did the whole miranda reading and everything....my buddy hears him asking on the radio to contact the police......we started looking around and noticed the there was NO official badge or anything.....we just hauled ass w/ cuffs on and went to a head shop....luckily the cuffs were the generic type you can buy at any surplus store......you wanna try and explain walking into a store (2 guys) both cuffed and asking if you can "borrow" a cuff key........
I'd go mess that prick every chance I got.......I twisted his cuffs up and dropped em on the floor infront of his car one night.....I wrote rent a cop in shaving creme on his car....we tried feeding the dogs peanut butter but the guards heard us and we had to jet.......man the good ol days.....but I hate rent a cops mor ethan real ones......

I hear that - nothin like an idiot with too much power going to their heads. What makes it all the more hilarious is, I've got a cousin (I don't think of them as a cousin, because they never come around unless they want money... that's how my whole family is... sad, eh?) that's a rent-a-cop. I tease him about it every chance I get... "what, you allergic to frosting?", "too fat to make it into the academy", or my personal favorite "I can't understand why they didn't take your fat rear end; you look enough like a pig to be one"... What makes it all the more hilarious is, when he does manage to come up with a come-back, all I have to do is mention bankrolls... Shuts him up pronto, lol.

Ya know what's worse than rent-a-bacon, is mall cops... Those are the REAL idiots. You could be walking out of a store, reciept stapled to the outside of the bag, and they'll ask 'did you pay for that?'.. My answer "no, i'm just borrowing it".

Here, I mess with the cops as much as I can... putting the car into neutral and giving it a few revvs whenever I pass one, turning the bass WAY up loud (picture 4 400watt subs in a ported box), and my personal favorite; using the vehicle code against 'em... It's amazing how many of them think a right turn on a circular red is illegal. I can't stand the local PD's... They're all a bunch of Roscoe P. Coltrain's.

I never was a skater, but I used to ride my mountain bike like your average bike messenger... Nearly got hit several times, never got a ticket.

Oh, and ya wanna talk about idiot cops, lol... I had one stop me because I was wearing gloves, a black leather jacket, black hat (backwards), long hair (etc) and jeans (on a cold day... it was like 32 out)... If anything, I looked like your average metal head, not a gang punk... Here's the kick; I was carrying SPRAY CLEANER (electric motor cleaner)... Darned cop followed me for an hour, claiming I had spray PAINT. I told him "ya know, you need to work on your tailing skills"... For that, I got my name listed on the 'potential gang member' list. Took the threat of a lawsuit to get it removed. The cop, however, didn't even get a slap on the wrist.

I can be a real jerk if people irritate me.... But, I don't have a hair trigger; it takes a lot to make me mad, but once ya do; look out... I'm not violent, but I don't hesitate in calling a person a nimrod.

Things like this make me glad I chose going into PC repair. At least for the time being... I'm waiting for the local hobby shop scene to cycle, which should be in a year or so... then I'm opening a shop. I've already got a name, location, and the misc details all picked out.

Heh, okay, I've rambled enuff for the morning, haha.. Gotta go out and make some cash........

Back