Ofna .26 Picco Max questions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ragnaroksg1

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
hello everyone i have T-maxx 2.5 with a 2 speed forward only tranny and i have a few questions about the .26 picco maxx.
1. can you use a different spur/pinion gear ratio to make the truck go faster wile still being able to have good low end accleration.
2. what are the main driveline parts that would need the be replaced to handle the added power
3. what be a clutch and pipe to use

thank you to anyone who can help:D

1. Yes
2. You can but they will eventually break on you if you're heavy on the throttle. Rear Driveshaft and tranny internals are what you have to worry about...Theres a pin in the tranny that I break pretty regularly with my .21 picco but its an easy fix so i just leave the stock gears in there. You can put RRP metal gears in there but its pricey.
3. Stock clutch an clutchbell will work fine, but you should consider the Integy 3 shoe aluminim deal. Not sure on the pipe, I use my stock pipe (Resonator, not the plastic one)

1. Yes
2. You can but they will eventually break on you if you're heavy on the throttle. Rear Driveshaft and tranny internals are what you have to worry about...Theres a pin in the tranny that I break pretty regularly with my .21 picco but its an easy fix so i just leave the stock gears in there. You can put RRP metal gears in there but its pricey.
3. Stock clutch an clutchbell will work fine, but you should consider the Integy 3 shoe aluminim deal. Not sure on the pipe, I use my stock pipe (Resonator, not the plastic one)

Yeah as much as I hate Integy I still love thier 7075 3 shoe setup. 18 bucks for a flywheel and shoes..not bad. Also THS makes excellent pipe and header combos for tmaxx.

That clutch is one good product from integy. Buddies been running it for awhile with no problems.

Only problem I have with it is that the flywheel won't go quite as far onto the crankshaft as the stock flywheel will. I've tried different colletts and engines with the same result. It prevents me from using the washer between the e-clip and the bearing, but I just leave it off and all is well....:D

Only problem I have with it is that the flywheel won't go quite as far onto the crankshaft as the stock flywheel will. I've tried different colletts and engines with the same result. It prevents me from using the washer between the e-clip and the bearing, but I just leave it off and all is well....:D

I've had that problem too, you can either use your stock one or tighten the crap out of it. I really cranked on one recently and got it to work with the teflon washer. I am not looking forward to removing it though.

I thought about using the stock flywheel but it only has two pins for the shoes, no three so no go there. I probably need to get a crankshaft locking tool, that would probably help...

so what gear ratio should i try i thinks it 20/72 stock was wondering if 23/66 would work.i was thinking of using that clutch but dident know if it was any good. what size pipe should i get or dose it matter much?

A 23 tooth clutch bell is too tall. If you want top end, try a 21t cb with some smaller spurs. 68t-70t. If your gonna run on pavement, try the big bell with some street tires. You'll have the power to pull it, it's just that a mt will get real hard to control at those speeds.

I thought about using the stock flywheel but it only has two pins for the shoes, no three so no go there. I probably need to get a crankshaft locking tool, that would probably help...

What I meant was the stock split beveled cone will work just fine.

Ah, I see. I'm pretty sure I have the stock cone on there now, unless I got them mixed up.

be prepared to start replaceing parts :) I've got one in my maxx ... the only thing thats stock is the chasie :)

Back