Ofna .21 Pro JL

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bkyd Basher

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Just wondering if the Ofna .21 pro JL would work and or be a good engine for a revo?

I'm interested in this too. It claims 3.7hp and 37000 rpm while picco red dot .26 claims 2.7hp and 34000rpm. Anyone experienced this .21 in their revo or other truck?

I would get the TRX 3.3 for the Revo myself... The Revo is a 4x4 Rig #1 / It's on the heavy side #2 / The power plant needs to be a good balance to produce good power to the wheel's & trans # 3..... So I would say the Ofna .21 would be OK to drop in the REVO but I think the Ofna will hurt the REVO's Performance overall.... If the RIG was 2x wheel drive I'd say GO FOR IT.....

The TRX 3.3 is an okay engine, but the Picco, OS and OFNA engines are better quality and put out more power than the Traxxas mills.

just wait till you put your first rod through your piston,you aint gonna be such a trx fan then

---------- Post added at 6:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 6:06 AM ----------

go the nova,now that is some quality right there

I would get the TRX 3.3 for the Revo myself... The Revo is a 4x4 Rig #1 / It's on the heavy side #2 / The power plant needs to be a good balance to produce good power to the wheel's & trans # 3..... So I would say the Ofna .21 would be OK to drop in the REVO but I think the Ofna will hurt the REVO's Performance overall.... If the RIG was 2x wheel drive I'd say GO FOR IT.....

The 3.3 is a .20 sized engine, so the. 21 will be better suited for him. Plus the 3.3 has known weak points, if you put a HD con rod, different carb, and better bearings you'll have a reliable engine that cost as much as an OS .21 without the performance. The 3.3 is a good expendable basher engine, especially if you send an old one in for the power up.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

just wait till you put your first rod through your piston,you aint gonna be such a trx fan then

---------- Post added at 6:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 6:06 AM ----------

go the nova,now that is some quality right there

Actually... I have NOT experienced that problem in any of my TRX power plants yet... 1 of my TRX's Mills went back to Traxxas but only for a NEW Swap out I am hooked up with Traxxas Engine Replacment Plan.. Not a bad Deal for the money..... BUT THANKS FOR THE WARNING chickenman.....;)

Back