Odd kind of help needed

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eartaker

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Ok here is my delima..... I bought my Savage X SS and loved the poop out of it.... so much that i replaced everything with aluminum, bought all new electronics(HRS), and changed the engine over to the Axial .32. In other words I have turned it into a shelf queen and I'm afraid to bash it. I dont want to bend anything or get it really dirty. I have all of my plastic parts and was wanting to reassemble them to build another Savage but I will have to buy lots of little things. Should I buy another kit? what would you do in this situation. I want a truck to BASH with.

Shelf queens are wonderful to look at, but unless you are entering it in some kind of beauty contest it is a waste of money and time. All the shiney pieces are intended to look good and ADD strength. My recommendation would be to take it out and run it. If you can afford another kit, then you can keep your shelf queen pristine...but in the end you only have a really expensive paperweight. Unless you run it or bash it, that is all it will ever be...especially since you can not get anywhere near the price you put into it if you were to try and sell it.

Oh lord no way will I sell it. I do run it but I just don't beat the crap out of it like my other vehicles. I can easily afford another Kit but I guess I just need some convincing of what to do.

If u have the money man... keep that sweet ass truck and get another one that u can bash and thrash the poop out of...OR dont drive it off road and do not attempt crazy sick ass stunts with it...YA RIGHT !!!:2cents:

Last edited:
I have very little self control, I would beat on it.

I have very little self control, I would beat on it.

Yeah, I'll second that. No sense having a sweet rig if all it's going to do is sit there. Go out there and beat on it, just realize that when an aluminum part bends, it's done for! Post some pictures when you get a chance, I'm interested to see this Beastie you've created!

You could always look for something off ebay that is in rough shape to build back up with what you have. I would beat on it, if you got it you might as well use it.

If you run the "shelf queen" then it really isn't a shelf queen...it is simply a lightly used rc. I would say, set it up as a road rig and run it on a paved or prepared surface, just to use it.

Since you can afford a second kit, then buy it and bash the heck out of it.

Me, I have never built a shelf queen. I bash all of my vehicles and buy upgrades to make certain they can withstand my punishment. My Savage, when I owned one, and the T-Maxx before it were hopped up to handle abuse and were put through their paces. When I sold them to others, I believe they did the same. In fact, I know my old Savage is out there somewhere stomping the yard...but haven't heard anything about my old T-Maxx.

Now, I run buggies exclusively and bash the snot out of them...all three are "pro" series (2 Mugen MBX-5 Prospecs and one Storm Pro). All are hopped up and all are purebred bashers...never raced a day in their lives.

So...buy a basher or bash the one you have...it is all part of the hobby. As someone's signature says...bash, break, fix, repeat.

In fact, I know my old Savage is out there somewhere stomping the yard...

Yep, your old savage is as tough as it's going to get. The new owner threw a new era center skid on it but has basically just run it as I sold it to him. Very reliable rig. It has a mach 427 in it now out of his LST.

If you have the dough, keep it to look at and just build up another to take punishment. I don't have that kind of money so I build/tweak to handle abuse and I beat them to death. Rarely do I have a day that ends to a broken truck though. If I do, it's typically after 4 hours of bashing pretty hard and I do something stupid.

How you use your truck is entirely up to you.
I had 2 revo's within a few months as I did the same thing.
One is "lightly used" the other one is the dirtmachine.

As for your parts, use them as spare or sell them, and buy another kit.
:)))

Nice looking ride. I think it would like nicer with some dirt on it, but to each his own. Go for it on the second kit and have a blast. The hobby is no fun if it sits on a shelf, so get something to bash with.

Take a look around Ebay, you can find a used one to bash with really reasonable.

i have never used e-bay really but i guess it is worth a shot

Its true ebay has some good deals sometimes...check it out !!!:tank:

WAHOOO! I don't know if any of you have ever played any MMORPG games or not but if you have maybe you have heard of Lineage 2. Its kind of like Wold of Warcraft just not so cartoony. well i just sold my Online Game account for $490 THATS FRIGGIN CRAZY!!!!!:drink: I mean its a game lol. well COME TO ME NEW SAVAGE is what i say.:hump: OR should I get the new savage with this money, and use the money I was origionaly going to use and get another RC car.... like a truggy or maybe a different monster truck. but savage is the best so i duno.
:bowtothercnt:

In the end, its upto you. Do you want to stick with the savage or try a different flavor?

cheap way to do it IMO is to look for a used Savage X or even a 4.6 savage or roller. Strengthen BOTH with the needed aluminum and sell off the rest to fund an engine and other things.

OR you can keep the paperweight, and try a truggy or maybe a Revo.

Well i picked up another X SS kit and I'm putting her together now.

Do you still have the original engine from your first truck? If so PM me if your willing to sell. Would like to upgrade from my .21.

I do have the engine but that is the one I'm using in the truck I'm building and I'm going to save the new one as a spare.

Back